Felice Glennon Kerr
- Family Law
Felice concentrates her practice on family law including divorce, property division, child support, alimony, custody, prenuptial agreements, settlement agreements, domestic violence and probate litigation. Felice is a trained mediator and handles disputes involving property divisions, alimony, custody, visitation and support. She is also a trained parenting coordinator.
- Represented two young children through state custody proceedings commencing with a preliminary protective order all the way through termination of the parental rights and adoption.
- Negotiated a settlement in a large asset case involving multi-million dollar corporations in the entertainment industry.
- Overturned a Commissioner’s decision finding that client committed an act of abuse by retaining the children who were voluntarily dropped off to him by the mother when existing order gave him custody.
- Represented a number of heirs to an estate who were not aware that their relative had died and who inherited a large sum of money.
- Obtained affirmation of lower court ruling on appeal involving question of whether or not post-divorce payment of realtor’s fees constituted property.
- Served as Parent Coordinator for a family and resolved several minor issues, including holiday visitation, counseling logistics and snow days without excessive fees or court intervention.
- Litigated and won case concerning the parameters of Court involvement in parental decisions. The case clarified to what extent a joint custodial parent could interfere in the other parent’s activities with the children.
- Reopened property division case for a man who was unaware of original order due to his being in jail. Client had originally been given no interest in the house or beach house. The new order required wife to buy him out of these assets.
- American Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Delaware Parenting Coordination Council, Founding Member
- Delaware State Bar Association, Past Chair, Family Law Section
- Delaware State Bar Association, Nominating Committee
- Lawyers Fund for Client Protection, Past Chair, Board of Trustees
- Domestic Violence Advocacy Project
- Delaware Volunteer Legal Services
- Office of Child Advocate
- Family Promise
- Boy Scouts of America
- Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd
Previous Community Involvement
- Delaware Mentor Program at the Delores J. Baylor Women’s Correctional Institute, New Castle, Delaware, Chair, Board of Directors
- Conducted workshops for incarcerated women on family law issues
- Suffolk University Law School
- Villanova University