History of the Firm
To us, the history of our law firm means more than a timeline of events; it’s a chronicle of how we have developed relationships as trusted family and business lawyers, with the hundreds of clients who have placed their trust in us over the decades we have been in business. As we move forward through the 21st century, we look forward to continuing our dedication as Pennsylvania and Delaware’s trusted law firm.
1880 Firm founded by Wilmer W. MacElree
1908 Paul MacElree joins the firm
1949 Lawrence E. MacElree joins the firm
1953 Lawrence MacElree appointed President Judge of the newly formed Orphans’ Court of Chester County
1954 John O. Platt joins and the firm name is changed to MacElree and Platt
1955 D.T. Marrone joins MacElree and Platt
1957 The firm is renamed MacElree, Platt and Marrone
1962 Honorable Joseph F. Harvey joins the firm and the name is changed to MacElree, Platt, Marrone and Harvey
1968 D.T. Marrone is appointed Judge Chester County Court of Common Pleas
1970 Lichtenfeld and Gallagher merge with MacElree, Platt, Marrone and Harvey
Numerous name changes occurred over the years that follow:
- MacElree, Harvey, Gallagher & Kean
- MacElree, Harvey, Gallagher & O’Donnell
- MacElree, Harvey, Gallagher & Featherman
- MacElree, Harvey, Gallagher, Featherman & Sebastian, Ltd.
2000 The firm officially shortens the name to MacElree Harvey, Ltd.
2006 Firm expands into Delaware and opens Centreville office
2015 MacElree Harvey opens its fourth office in Doylestown, Pennsylvania