The purpose of the MacElree Harvey Scholarship is to provide an opportunity for a young person who has aged out of the foster care system in Delaware to obtain and/or enhance their skills and knowledge base through attending post-secondary education in the form of attending college or vocational training after high school.
Eligibility for the scholarship is as follows:
- The scholarship is intended to benefit youth who have aged out of the Delaware foster care system, age 18 to 21 years of age, who is a resident of the State of Delaware and has, or will, attain a high school diploma/GED as of June 2015. Documentation of high school/GED completion must be supplied prior to award distribution.
- The individual must pursue some sort of post-secondary education or vocational training on at least a part-time basis slated to begin on or before September 15, 2015. Documentation of acceptance and enrollment must be supplied prior to award distribution.
- The Scholarship is awarded on a one-time basis.
- Payment will be issued directly to the recipient and/or a selected designee for the recipient at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
- Applicant must submit an application for scholarship along with one letter of recommendation.
- All applications must be received no later than April 17, 2015.
- The MacElree Harvey Scholarship selection will occur on or before May 8, 2015. (Award date is contingent on submission of other required documents as noted below)
- Distribution of any award will occur at the discretion of MacElree Harvey and is subject to verification of all eligibility requirements.
- Any individual award shall not exceed $500.00.
- An interview may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Anyone interested in applying for the MacElree Harvey Scholarship may obtain an application at www.macelree.com/scholarship. Submit your application directly by postal mail to Marie I. Crossley, Esquire, MacElree Harvey 5721 Kennett Pike Centreville DE 19807 or by e-mail at [email protected].
The scholarship recipient may receive additional contributions/grants from other sources. The Law Firm of MacElree Harvey shall review and make awards from applications received. Awards are made without regard to race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, color, religion or national origin.
THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION WINDOW HAS CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR THE 2017 GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION.