Tanya Murray Partner - Corporate and Commercial
Tanya Murray is an experienced and versatile corporate and transactional counsel who focuses on the formation, implementation and ongoing operation of special purpose entities, including limited liability companies, statutory trusts, REITs and limited partnerships.
Tanya serves a broad client base ranging from financial services to manufacturing and energy. In addition to providing advice on matters of general corporate and other entity law, Tanya has represented clients in complex restructurings, corporate governance issues, commercial contract negotiations and before several state level government departments and divisions.
Tanya received her B.A. degree from Binghamton University and her J.D. degree from the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University. She is a former law clerk to the Chief Justice of the Delaware Superior Court. She is admitted to practice law in Delaware, New York and Pennsylvania.
- Drafted and negotiated vendor contracts for online fintech lender in a bank partnership program; created multistate consumer protection disclosure matrix for the company in preparation for launching an open-end loan product, including advising on compliance with laws and regulations
- Provided transactional support for start-up energy company in connection with procuring materials, services and training, including master service agreements, statements of work, policies and procedures and intellectual property licenses
- Counseled and implemented restructuring and integration of special purpose entities to achieve supply chain tax and operational synergies for major global coatings manufacturer
- Acted as lead counsel for organizational restructuring of global food and beverage manufacturer, including coordination of international team of legal, tax and accounting in-house and outsourced professionals
- Binghamton University
- Hofstra University, Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- New York
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association