Adam H. Tanker Associate
“Adam was my attorney for divorce/child custody and he is an excellent communicator. He explained things every step of the way and in a manner that was easy to understand. He was a good partner in the whole process. I highly recommend him.” – Client Review from Avvo
Adam H. Tanker focuses his practice on all aspects of family law matters including alimony/spousal support, divorce, equitable distribution, marital agreements, child support and child custody.
Adam, who served as a child advocate and guardian for the Montgomery County Child Advocacy Project, is a former Deputy District Attorney for the Bucks County District Attorney’s office. From 2008 to 2012, he was assigned to the office’s gangs, guns and drug unit and acted as the office’s community liaison for gang violence. His work later earned him a promotion to chief of the department’s Asset Forfeiture Unit.
As an undergraduate at The George Washington University, Adam interned with the U.S. Attorney’s Office and assisted with the investigation and prosecution of the infamous “D.C. Snipers.” He also interned with Congressman Rob Andrews and assisted on projects related to the then newly formed Department of Homeland Security.
After graduating from George Washington with a degree in criminal justice, Adam went on to earn his juris doctor from Widener University School of Law, where he was a member of the Trial Advocacy Honors Society.
Before joining MacElree Harvey, Ltd., Adam was an attorney at a family law boutique firm and also worked at a Montgomery County, Pa. law firm where he focused his practice on family law, criminal defense and commercial litigation.
Adam has been selected to the 2017 Pennsylvania Rising Stars list published by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine. Only two-and-a-half percent of all lawyers in Pennsylvania State receive this honor.
In his spare time, Adam enjoys skiing, relaxing down the shore, sports, traveling, and cooking.
- Bucks County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce, Family & Parenting Committee
- PennSuburban Chamber of Greater Montgomery County
- 2017: “Case Law Update Regarding Child Custody” – PBA Family Law Section
- 2016: “Preparing Witnesses for Trial” – Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court
- 2015: “Equitable Distribution Refresher” – Pennsylvania Family Law Institute
- 2015: “Case Law Update Regarding Equitable Distribution” – PBA Family Law Section