Alfred A. Gollatz Partner - Litigation
(O) (610) 840-0219
Al concentrates his practice of law on a broad base of litigation and business matters that include shareholder, distribution, product liability, construction, insurance coverage and executive employment issues.
Al has frequently advised clients on litigation matters and risks affecting their domestic and international businesses. He has often been appointed by either counsel or the court as a neutral or sole arbitrator in both personal injury and commercial disputes. Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Al was a founder and member of the executive committee of a regional law firm with offices most recently in Philadelphia and West Chester. Earlier in his career, Al served for four years as Assistant U.S. Attorney in Philadelphia.
- Special counsel to Board of family company providing advice on governance matters, including claims of Chairman for indemnity and advancement
- Representation of Executor in complex estate matter involving multiple family partnerships and business, including claims of secured creditor on decedent’s guarantee and bankruptcy matters
- Representation of clients in insurance coverage matters, including claims against major international reinsurance company
- Corporate litigation counsel directing defense of significant products liability matters to appropriate forum.
- Successful defense through trial and appeal of claim involving alleged breach of contract brought against lawyer Executor.
- Ongoing counseling representations include companies with $30 million to $100 million revenue in a variety of service and manufacturing businesses
- Chester County Bar Association Past President 1994
- Chester County Bar Foundation, Life Member Past President 1995
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- World Trade Center Delaware
Community Involvement/Non-Profit Service
- East Bradford Zoning Hearing Board, Chair
- Chester County Hospital and Health System, Past Board Member
- German American Chamber of Commerce – Philadelphia, Immediate Past Chairman of the Board
- German American Chamber of Commerce – New York, Past Board Member
Previous Community Involvement
- Center for Hearing and Deafness, Board Member
- Brian’s House, Board Member
- Bournelyf Special Camp, Board Member
- Stroud Water Research Center, Board Member
- 26 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named 2019 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today
- 23 Attorneys Named Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers 2018
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys named 2016 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine
- Temple University School of Law
- Brown University Political Science
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit