Andrew R. Silverman Associate
“Andrew Silverman provided straightforward, professional legal advice, allowing me to resolve, efficiently and confidently, an otherwise unsettling contractual matter.” – Client Review from Avvo
Licensed in Delaware and Pennsylvania, Andrew is an associate attorney in the firm’s Business and Corporate Law practice group. Andrew counsels businesses and individuals, including directors, officers, and stakeholders, on corporate compliance and internal governance, business formation, commercial contracts, and business acquisitions and financing.
Andrew often assists manufacturers and service providers with complex commercial contracting and transactional matters, including leases, supplier agreements, licensing, and joint venture agreements.
In the compliance and governance area, Andrew advises clients regarding board decision-making, intellectual property and trade secrets, and pre-suit management of litigation resulting from business activities. In this role, Andrew has provided counsel, training, and assistance with the development and implementation of corporate policies concerning such regulatory and compliance areas as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the USA PATRIOT Act, and various employment matters.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Andrew practiced with a national commercial and products liability firm where he acted as assistant national coordinating counsel for various Fortune 500 clients in defense of lawsuits. Andrew’s experience with complex civil litigation enables him to assist clients prepare for sophisticated and document intensive representation.
Andrew attended Widener University School of Law in Wilmington, Delaware where he served as clerk for the Bankruptcy Division of the Pennsylvania Civil Law Clinic. Following law school, Andrew clerked for the Delaware Court of Common Pleas.
- Attorney ad litem for State of Delaware Family Court
- Negotiation of executive employment and compensation agreements offered in connection with private equity acquisition
- Preparation of joint venture agreement concerning the joint development of innovative industrial processes
- Sale of waste management company for $4.7 million
- Formation of limited liability company with employee incentive program
- Preparation of private placement of securities to fund project development
- Representation in stock purchase transaction with target revenue holdback
- Creation of anti-corruption policy (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act) for equipment manufacturer
- Prosecution of trademark infringement action against after-market supplier of knock off equipment parts
- Advice and counsel regarding anti-trust laws concerning distribution agreements
- Preparation of international multiple distribution and agency agreements
- Defense of copyright infringement claim against distributor
- Prosecution of shareholder oppression action on behalf of 50 percent shareholder
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
- World Trade Center Delaware
- Main Line Chamber of Commerce
- Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce
- John E. Stively, Jr. American Inn of Court
- Thirteen MacElree Harvey Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Edition of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- In 2016, MacElree Harvey business lawyers closed transactions for their clients with a collective value of …
- The Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016: What You Need to Know
- Avoiding Contractual Heartbreak: Contract Tips to Prevent Litigation
- Could Your Social Media Strategy Get You Sued?
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A. in Political Science.
- Widener University School of Law