Artemio Aranilla Partner - Litigation
Artemio Aranilla is a Partner at MacElee Harvey’s Hockessin, DE office. Art is a litigator with successes at every level of court in Delaware including Court of Chancery, Delaware Supreme Court, and U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
Prior to joining the firm, Art worked for Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin in Wilmington, Delaware, as an Associate and as Special Counsel in the areas of Professional Liability, Commercial Litigation, Real Estate, Architectural, Engineering and Construction Defect Litigation, and Health Care Liability.
Art earned his Bachelor’s degree at Yale University, then went on to Boston University Questrom School of Business to earn his Master of Business Administration and then Boston University School of Law for his Juris Doctor.
Art is licensed to practice in New Jersey, New York, Delaware, the U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, the U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Successfully moved to dismiss an action in the Delaware Chancery Court brought against a property owners’ association of a Lewes, Delaware mixed-use, commercial/residential community. The commercial owners had sued the property owners’ association and board for breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract/declaration, requesting injunctive relief as well as a declaratory judgment that a proposal violated the Declaration.
- Successfully defended, through briefing and oral argument, an out-of-state real estate settlement company in an appeal before the Delaware Supreme Court concerning allegations of consumer fraud and professional negligence.
- Successfully defended an insurance carrier’s denial of PIP benefits in an appeal before the Delaware Supreme Court.
- Successfully argued dismissal of claims against the Board of Adjustment for a county government before the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware in an appeal of the Board’s denial of a variance application.
- Successfully defended a property management company at a Court of Common Pleas trial against allegations that it failed to provide Plaintiff with contracted services. Successfully moved for summary judgment in the same action in favor of a construction company accused of sales contract breach and racial discrimination.
- Successfully moved to dismiss claims of professional negligence against an Arizona accounting firm. Plaintiff’s response to the motion was to withdraw the complaint voluntarily without answering the motion.
- Successfully argued summary judgment in favor of an architecture firm in a professional negligence matter before the Delaware Superior Court.
- Successfully argued summary judgment in favor of a real estate broker before the Delaware Superior Court in an action for alleged breach of a lease-to-buy contract.
- Successfully argued summary judgment in a breach of contract action brought against an insurance broker for allegedly misrepresenting he could bind the insurance carrier.
- Successfully defended an information technology company in a matter before the Delaware Superior Court against allegations of breaches of restrictive covenants.
- Successfully defended a construction subcontractor before the Delaware Superior Court against claims of negligence in paving a school driveway. The claim was withdrawn upon the filing of the motion to dismiss.
- Successfully argued dismissal of a Fair Debt Collection Practices matter against a collection agency before the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- Boston University School of Law Boston, MA ▪ 2002 Juris Doctor
- Boston University Questrom School of Business Boston, MA ▪ 1999
- Master of Business Administration Yale University New Haven, CT ▪ 1989 Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy