Brian J. Forgue Associate
Brian is an associate attorney in the firm’s Litigation practice group. He represents clients in a broad range of litigation matters, with an emphasis on complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey as an associate attorney, Brian served as a legal intern at the United States House of Representatives and worked as a law clerk for MacElree Harvey conducting research and drafting documents for various phases of litigation.
Brian graduated from Downingtown West High School, received his undergraduate degree from Penn State University, and his J.D. from The Dickinson School of Law at Penn State University. As an undergraduate, Brian was a member of the Penn State University Men’s Soccer Team and served as a team captain for the 2012 season.
During law school, Brian served on the Executive Board for the Dickinson School of Law’s Yearbook on Arbitration and Mediation as the Articles Editor. He also competed as a member of Dickinson Law’s Mock Trial Team, participating in a national competition against law schools from around the country. In his third year of law school, Brian was selected as one of only three students who worked for the Centre County Public Defender’s Office, where he represented his own clients and gained valuable courtroom experience.
Brian is a 2016 graduate of the Chester County Bar Association Advocacy Academy. Additionally, Brian is a member of Leadership Chester County, a program that trains and prepares community leaders from various professions to serve on the Board of Directors for local non-profit organizations.
- Successful negotiation of credit card debt settlements for less than the balance owed.
- Successful defense of client sued by contractor despite contractor’s deficient remodeling of the home.
- Successful representation of Homeowners Association in court for homeowners’ failure to pay fees owed.
- Obtained favorable disposition for a commercial client with third-party and insurance company for payment of contract price and attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained favorable settlement for a home-buying client where seller failed to disclose dangerous conditions prior to sale.
- A successful outcome for a client in residential dispute for the return of personal property.
- Chester County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Leadership Chester County, Class of 2017
- Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry, Emerging Leaders Committee, Member
- Kennett High School, Coach Mock Trial
- Youth Mentoring Partnership, Board of Directors