Hillary J. Moonay Partner
“Hillary is empathetic, personable and open, juxtaposed with complete professionalism and firmness — to me it was the perfect blend of what I needed in a divorce attorney.” – Client Review from Avvo
Hillary focuses her practice exclusively in the area of family law, where she handles all phases of the negotiation and litigation of domestic relations cases, including divorce, child custody, child support, alimony/spousal support, equitable distribution, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and related issues. She is well-versed in the financial aspects of divorce cases, including the intricate issues related to complex business valuations and forensic accounting matters.
While Hillary is a skilled litigator with extensive experience handling complex divorce matters, she also is trained in several areas of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and collaborative law.
In 2006 – 2008 and then again in 2010 – 2012 Hillary was selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list published by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine. Only 2.5 percent of all lawyers in Pennsylvania State receive this honor each year. Hillary also has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Family Law. She has an AV Preeminent Rating in Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, the highest legal ability, and ethical standards rating.
Hillary is actively involved in numerous professional associations. She has served in many capacities for the Pennsylvania Bar Association, including serving as a Council Member for the Family Law Section and a member of the Programming Committee. She serves as the Co-Chair of the Programming Committee for the Family Law Section and plays an active role on the Collaborative Law Committee. She represents military veterans free of charge as part of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Lawyers Saluting Veterans Program, which is coordinated through the Pro Bono Office and Military and Veterans’ Affairs Committee.
Hillary previously served on the Family Law Section Executive Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association and as the Chairperson of the association’s Family Law Section’s Program and Events Committee. She is a member of the Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court and of the Bucks County Bar Association.
In 2010 and 2012, Hillary contributed to the book, “Slicing Up the Pie: Property Distribution in Pennsylvania” published by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute Press. She has been featured as a case note contributor for the Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, a publication of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and has authored articles for The Legal Intelligencer, including “The Impact of Social Media on Family Law Matters” in 2013 and “Post-Retirement Benefits in Matrimonial Litigation” in 2014. On top of her contributions to legal publications, she often lectures on a variety of family law topics.
Hillary earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Criminal Justice, graduating cum laude, from the University of Maryland and a Juris Doctor from University of Michigan Law School.
In addition to her legal career, Hillary participates in a variety of community activities and previously served on the executive board of her children’s elementary school. She is the assistant coach of her daughter’s travel soccer team, and also enjoys distance running and adventure races.
- Bucks County Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Family Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section, Council Member & Rules Committee Chairperson
- Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce
- Legal Clinic for the Disabled, Family Law Mentor (2014 – present)
- Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization, First Vice President, (2009 – 2011); Co-President, (2012 – 2014)
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate Program, Parent Support Volunteer (2009 – present)
- “Case Law, Rules, and Legislative Updates,” Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section, 2016
- “Bucks County Family Law 101,” Bucks County Bar Association, 2016
- “Slicing Up the Pie: Property Distribution in Pennsylvania,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2015
- “Microsoft Excel for Family Lawyers,” Bucks County Bar Association, 2015
- “Identifying and Valuing Unique Marital Assets in Divorce Litigation,” Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Update, 2014
- “Drafting Marital Settlement Agreements,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2014
- “How to Handle a Client’s Use of Social Media,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2014
- “Identifying and Valuing Unique Marital Assets in Divorce Litigation,” The National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, 2013
- “The Family Lawyer’s Discovery Tool Kit,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2013
- “Divorce and the Professional Practice: A Case Study,” Bucks County Bar Association, 2013
- “Slicing Up the Pie: Property Distribution in Pennsylvania,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2012
- “How to Appraise Unique Items,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2012
- “What’s In, What’s Out,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2011
- “Protection from Abuse,” Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court, 2011
- “Collaborative Law,” Breakfast & Learn Sponsored by Williams Family Law, 2011
- “Your First Divorce Case,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2010
- “Divorce Over 50,” Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court, 2010
- “Post-Retirement Benefits in Matrimonial Litigation,” published in The Legal Intelligencer, 2014
- “The Impact of Social Media on Family Law Matters,” published in The Legal Intelligencer, 2013
- “Case Note: M.O. v. F.W.,” Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, a publication of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2012“What’s In and What’s Out,” published in “Slicing Up the Pie: Property Distribution in Pennsylvania,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute Press, 2010, 2012
- “What is Marital Property,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2010
- “Case Note: Stackhouse v. Zaretsky,” Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, a publication of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, 2006
- Hillary J. Moonay Elected to the Yardley Makefield Soccer Club’s Board of Directors
- Getting Divorced? 5 Things You Should Know
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Attorney Hillary J. Moonay to Moderate PBI Family Law CLE on April 19, 2017
- Attorney Hillary J. Moonay to Speak on Child Custody at PBI Family Law Seminar
- No-fault divorce waiting period is shortened to 1-year in Pennsylvania
- Attorney Hillary J. Moonay to Moderate Family Law CLE
- Meet Our New Partner
- Supreme Court of United States Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage in all 50 States