Jaime Jano Associate
Jaime represents individuals and entities in a variety of domestic relations, civil and commercial litigation disputes.
In her domestic relations practice, Jaime specializes in divorce, support and custody litigation and practices in Chester, Montgomery, Delaware, Philadelphia and Bucks County Courts of Common Pleas. Jaime also counsels clients and negotiates agreements with respect to domestic relations issues.
In her civil and commercial litigation cases, Jaime counsels clients on a variety of litigation issues, including breach of contract, fraud, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and Uniform Commercial Code claims and practices in both state and federal court.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Jaime worked for a large litigation firm in Philadelphia and practiced family law, civil and commercial litigation. Jaime assisted her civil and litigation clients in defending contract disputes and Uniform Commercial Code claims. Jaime counseled her family law clients on a variety of domestic relations issues, negotiated prenuptial, property settlement, support and custody agreements, and litigated custody, custody relocation, support and distribution of property issues. Jaime also represented individuals at protection from abuse hearings.
- Negotiated a premarital agreement for an individual to protect his significant family owned businesses and assets.
- Negotiated a global marital settlement agreement for an individual who had a long term marriage and significant assets without resorting to litigation.
- Successfully litigated a child custody relocation case on behalf of a Mother whose children resided with Father in another state during the school year and wished to move back to live with Mother during the school year in Pennsylvania.
- Represented a child in a high conflict Grandparent custody case that involved custody claims by Mother, Father and multiple sets of Grandparents and step-Grandparents.
- Successfully argued a partial motion to dismiss frivolous UCC claims brought against a national bank in federal court.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement for an institutional client in a breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty dispute.
- Chester County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Inns of Court (Doris Jonas Freed Family Law Inn)
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Family Law Section, Custody Committee
- Support Center for Child Advocates, Volunteer Attorney
- Villanova University School of Law Law Review, Cum Laude
- Bucknell University Psychology and British Literature, Cum Laude
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit