Jane M. Shields Partner
Jane represents individuals, businesses and developers in matters pertaining to real estate, business practices and contracts. She is also a trained Mediator.
- Successfully had zoning amendments in two different townships declared invalid because townships failed to follow proper notice procedures.
- Successfully defended individual in breach of property settlement agreement action and secured award of costs and attorney fees.
- Successfully aided family members defend quiet title action, paving way for sale of jointly owned land to developer.
- Represented individual shareholder in trial against the two majority shareholders that resulted in a verdict for the full value of the minority shareholder’s interest in the company.
- Represented homeowners in suit against sellers and others in a jury trial that resulted in a jury verdict finding that the sellers had defrauded the buyers.
- Represented business in dispute with equipment manufacturer that resulted in a verdict for the business in the full amount of the value of the replacement equipment.
- Defended Assistant District Attorney in civil rights action, resulting in dismissal of suit against the attorney.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Foundation
- Academy of Advocacy
- Pennsylvania Counsel of Mediators
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyer Division, Ad Hoc Committee on the Judiciary
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, House of Delegates, Constitutional Review Commission and Chair of the Constitutional Review Commission Local Government Committee
- Chester County Bar Association, Incorporator and Advisory Board
- Domestic Violence Center of Chester County, Advisory Board
- Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce Iron Hill Twilight Race Series, Board Member
Previous Community Involvement
- Brandywine Regional Police Commission, Former Chairman
- Wallace Township Board of Supervisors, Former Chairman
- Easttown Township Planning Commission, Former Chairman
- Hard bargaining – or bribery?
- Email and Instant Communication: Where Manners Pay Off
- Groundbreaking Construction Law Case
- Mediation in the Workplace
- Temple University School of Law
- Purdue University
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania