Jess M. Simon Of Counsel
Jess M. Simon, Of Counsel in the West Chester and Bala Cynwyd offices, has devoted her practice primarily to employment & benefits litigation in federal and state courts. She litigates employment discrimination, wage and hour, non-compete, whistleblowing, and trade secrets cases in PA. When she is not litigating cases, Jess assists employers in the development and implementation of employment policies and practices tailored to the specific needs of their business.
Jess has an AV Preeminent Rating in Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, the highest legal ability, and ethical standards rating.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Jess practiced employment law and commercial litigation at a large Philadelphia firm and subsequently at a Bala Cynwyd firm specializing in labor and employment law.
Jess received her J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and B.A. in Politics and Philosophy from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Represented major corporation in the telecommunications industry in federal court race discrimination case.
- Represented several energy companies in multiple federal court discrimination actions arising under various state and federal statutes.
- Represented major airline in numerous federal court discrimination and retaliations cases; including actions alleging disability discrimination, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, race discrimination and claims of unlawful retaliation.
- Represented major municipality and other significant public employers in numerous federal court cases alleging among other claims, age discrimination, race discrimination, gender discrimination, retaliation; and other civil rights related actions.
- Represented major corporations in numerous federal cases alleging FMLA discrimination and retaliation, violations of Tittle VII, the PHRA, the NJLAD, the ADEA, the ADA and numerous other state and federal statutes.
- Represented corporations and executives in negotiating and litigating restrictive covenant actions.
- Represented executives in negotiating employment contracts and severance agreements.
- Represented high level manager in age action against Fortune 100 corporation.
- Represented significant railway corporation in multiple employment discrimination actions including matters implicated by the regulated nature o the industry.
- Represented numerous clients in tort and contract related claims before state and federal courts.
- Represented Non-Profit in federal court action which alleged among other claims, trademark violations and violations of RICO.
- Advised and partnered with corporate clients in developing and implementing employment polices and best practices to minimize litigation risk.
- Human Resources Committee for Philabundance
- Human Resources Committee for the Maternity Care Coalition
I found myself in an unforeseen situation where I needed to seek the advice and guidance of an employment and labor attorney. From the moment, I connected with Ms. Jess Simon I knew that I was in good hands with a trusted and knowledgeable litigator. Throughout the process (which went on for several months), Jess was in constant communication with me, providing real-time updates on the status of my complaint and her ongoing negotiations with my previous employer (a fortune 500 company). Jess' legal strategy was impressive! It was multi-dimensional and continued to evolve throughout the process during discussions with my previous employer. Her superior negotiation skills & expertise helped to secure an outcome that far exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Ms. Jess Simon. Reach out to her, you will be glad you did!
Anonymous Read more
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D.)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., Politics and Philosophy)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit