Kristen R. Matthews Associate
“Kristen is very knowledgeable about estate planning and it was a pleasure to work with her. She is most responsive to answering all questions and making sure that all parties involved fully understand the importance of the legal documents that are signed. She has provided estate planning to three generations in our family.” – Client Review from Avvo
Kristen is an experienced elder law attorney. She works closely with individuals on a wide variety of estate and trust planning and estate and trust administration matters. Kristen also assists clients with matters including advance and crisis Medicaid planning, guardianships, special needs trusts, and Veterans Pension benefits. She is accredited by the Veterans Administration to represent individuals on VA benefit claims – one of few attorneys accredited to do so in Chester County.
Kristen has been voted #1 Top Lawyer in Elder Law for 2016 by Main Line Today Magazine.
- Assisted husband in efficiently obtaining Medicaid benefits for his wife, preserving family assets above the statutory maximum.
- Planned and implemented a strategy to assist a surviving spouse of a veteran in obtaining Veterans Pension benefits to cover the cost of her medical care.
- Counseled parents of special needs child in establishing a Supplemental Needs Trust for their child’s benefit, preserving eligibility for government needs-based entitlement programs.
- Established trusts for international clients to ease administration of their estates.
- Prepared Powers of Attorney for elderly parents, allowing children to assist them with medical and financial decisions.
- Assisted young couple in drafting their wills and setting up a trust and guardians for their minor children.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys (PAELA)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)