Mary Ann Rossi Partner
Mary Ann’s practice includes zoning and land use, real estate and commercial litigation. She has appeared in Federal Court and in the Courts of Common Pleas of Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties.
Mary Ann’s experience in administrative matters includes the United States Army Corps of Engineers, the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and the Environmental Hearing Board. In her land use practice, she has represented builder-developer and landowner clients in Chester, Montgomery, Berks and other suburban counties to secure approvals for a wide variety of development projects. She has also advised developers and prepared documentation for utility construction agreements, condominium and uniform planned communities, and has advised buyers and sellers in real estate transactions.
- Chester County Bar Association, Past President 1996
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Past President
- Chester County Fund for Women and Girls, Past Chair of the Board
- Brandywine Health and Wellness Foundation, Past Board Member
- Brandywine Health Services, Past Secretary
- Brandywine Hospital, Former First Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Secured rezoning and land use approvals for a retail/apartment building in the Borough of West Chester.
- Successfully represented a developer in obtaining PRD approval for Birmingham Hunt.
- Successfully represented a client in a matter involving property subdivision for estate planning purposes.
- Successfully represented private property owners in obtaining Brandywine Conservancy and Nature Conservancy easements.
- Successfully represented an automobile dealership in land development in Chester County.
- Successfully represented a developer in obtaining zoning variance and land use approvals for commercial office building.
- Successfully represented a shopping center in obtaining dimensional variances.
- Successfully represented a child day care center in obtaining conditional use and land use approvals in Caln Township.
- Successfully represented a hotel in obtaining zoning and land use approvals.
- Successfully represented a developer in rezoning and obtaining conditional use and land development approvals for a Continuing Care Retirement Community in East Whiteland Township.
- Successfully represented a client in redevelopment of Devon Square Shopping Center.
- Successfully represented a residential developer in obtaining land use approvals for Daylesford Lakes.
- Successfully represented a residential developer in obtaining plan approval for Brandywine at Thornbury.
- Successfully represented a developer in redevelopment of a shopping center in East Pikeland Township.
- Successfully represented a farm land owner and developer in rezoning and securing land use approvals for Gardens at Eagleview, Claremont Village and Eagleview Town Center.
- Successfully represented a developer in obtaining land use approvals for Lionville Shopping Center.
- Successfully obtained land use approvals for Harley Davidson in Upper Uwchlan Township.
- Successfully obtained zoning and land use approvals for the Montogomery School.
- Successfully obtained land use approvals for Bradford Plaza Shopping Center.
- Successfully represented a developer in rezoning and obtaining land use approvals for student housing in East Bradford Township.
- 3 MacElree Harvey, Ltd. lawyers named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018
- Thirteen MacElree Harvey Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Edition of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys named 2016 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to 2016 PA Super Lawyers List
- Dickinson School of Law
Indiana State University
- Master’s Degree
French Language and Literature
- Marywood College
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States