Scott D. Polsky Partner
Scott is an experienced transactional attorney and business advisor who has over 18 years of legal experience counseling businesses, individuals and families regarding all aspects of general business and corporate matters, federal, state and local tax law and planning, contracts, intellectual property issues, website legal issues, employment issues and business sales and succession.
With an LL.M in taxation, Scott works to resolve complex tax issues as well as advising clients regarding estate planning opportunities, including tax-efficient business succession planning and transfers of family owned businesses to the next generation.
Scott also represents several entertainment industry clients such as festivals, music labels, writers, film production companies, musicians and other artists.
- Obtained a private letter ruling from the Internal Revenue Service granting “9100 relief” which saved his client over $2 million in federal estate tax.
- Negotiated terms and was lead counsel for $11 million dollar sale of multiple franchises.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in financing transactions valued up to $13 million.
- Provided multi-state and federal tax advice and planning for the sale of $350 million business.
- Provided legal counsel to hundreds of successful start-up companies.
- Developed estate planning and tax strategies for clients of net worth up to $1 billion.
- Counselled the creators and owners of several successful festivals, music labels and film companies.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce
- PennSuburban Chamber of Greater Montgomery County
- Ft. Washington Networking Professionals
- The Catholic University of America, J.D.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- Cornell University, B.A., Government & Psychology
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania