Stephen M. Porter Associate
Stephen is an associate attorney in the firm’s Estate Planning Department. He helps families, and small business owners, develop plans and documents to ensure their businesses and loved ones are taken care of upon death.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Stephen owned his own private practice that focuses on estate planning and administration, family law and business law. His expertise in this practice trifecta allows him to offer his clients a holistic approach regarding family planning, asset protection, taxation, and succession planning. Steve strives to build trust and strong relationships with his clients, so he can provide them with sound legal advice and representation. He prides himself on taking the time to get to know his clients personally, understand their wishes and desires, so he can fully address their needs.
Stephen maintains a strong commitment to civic and charitable organizations and firmly believes in giving back to the community. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Good Samaritan Shelter, a Christian ministry based in Phoenixville that provides transitional housing and supportive services to homeless men, women, and women with children. Stephen is also actively involved in Rotary Club of Phoenixville, where he served as President in 2015. Steve is an associate attorney in the firm’s Estate Planning Department.
Receiving his J. D. from Widener University School of Law, Steve was recognized with the Outstanding Achievement Award in Estate Planning. In 2018, Steve received his LL.M. in Taxation, and an Estate Planning Certificate, from Villanova University. He is a member of the Pennsylvania and New Jersey Bars, Past President of the Phoenixville Rotary Club, and a member of the governance committee for the Good Samaritan Shelter.
- Assisted two entrepreneurs with the creation of a limited liability company to support the sales of their breakthrough product idea.
- Provided estate planning for the daughter of an existing estate planning client who passed away, leaving significant and complicated assets to her daughter.
- Helped a franchisee with the creation of an incorporation to allow him to set up shop under a nationally known service provider.
- Advised a father and son regarding the creation of a corporation and provided appropriate estate planning updates.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Phoenixville Rotary Club, Past President
- Good Samaritan Shelter, Governance Committee