MacElree Harvey seeks an experienced Marketing/Business Development Manager to join our Firm.
MacElree Harvey seeks an experienced Marketing/Business Development Manager to join our Firm. A successful candidate will have three (3) years applicable experience, preferably in a law firm. Qualified candidates will successfully build and promote MacElree Harvey, Ltd. in close partnership with the Marketing Committee, CEO and Firm Management by developing and facilitating approved marketing initiatives by providing sound, innovative strategic leadership and initiatives.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop in conjunction with the Marketing Committee and maintain the MacElree Harvey
- Brand Standard in accordance with the directives of the Committee.
- Assist attorneys in maintaining client-valued relationships as a marketing strategist with existing clients in accordance with the Strategic Plan.
- Oversee MacElree Harvey’s digital presence, including maintaining the website and all subsequent microsites, all blogs, and all social media outlets to improve MacElree Harvey’s digital reputation and recognition.
- Creates and measures the effectiveness of social media marketing campaigns.
- Develops and delivers internal and external marketing and communications publications and releases, including the monthly newsletter and press releases as approved by the applicable Department Chair.
- Oversees the management and organization of firm marketing collateral, including photographs, videos, advertisements, and any text copy pamphlets or brochures.
- Supports the development and growth of the Strategic Plan with regard to marketing and helps oversee the implementation of the Strategic Marketing Plan with direction from the Marketing Chairperson and the Committee.
- Works with attorneys to develop and execute strategies and business Plans that drive new business to the firm.
- Works with attorneys to advance and achieve business development objectives from their marketing plans.
- Undertake continuous analysis of the competitive environment and client trends to provide strategic recommendations to attorneys of prospective clients and to better serve MacElree Harvey’s existing top 100 clients.
- Identifies and defines business development and marketing goals, including cross-selling and client and prospect targeting. Helps identify internal/external resources and opportunities for new client relationships.
- Conducts market and client research to contribute to business development and brand initiatives. Stays abreast of and keeps the firm apprised of new developments, trends, tools, and solutions in the legal industry.
- Seeks opportunities to increase brand awareness and maximize competitive differentiation for the firm and individual attorneys.
- Leverages programs such as events, sponsorships, speaking engagements, CLEs, and books/articles to the practice areas and the firm.
- Meets with potential referral sources through bar events, lunches, and social gatherings.
- Assists attorneys with their blogs, writing, editing, articles, and preparation of internal presentations.
- Support attorneys in the management of their contact networks, including staying top-of-mind with key contacts.
- Establishes and educates on best practices for Business Development.
- Work with attorneys to develop individual marketing action plans and to identify targeted marketing opportunities to increase brand awareness and maximize competitive differentiation for firm and individual attorneys.
- Maintain a database and assist in coordinating firm and attorney sponsorships to ensure MacElree Harvey Brand is consistent.
- Coordinates and negotiates attorney and firm advertising placements, fees, and designs while working closely with the attorneys to ensure MH Brand Standards
- College degree with a minimum of 3 years applicable experience. Law firm experience is a plus.
- Develop valued relationships based on a broad knowledge of marketing and promotional principles and insight.
- Anticipate and lead client perceptions of the MacElree Harvey brand, and develop any necessary action steps required to ensure comfort levels.
- Manage challenging situations and recommend effective solutions to problems.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Collaborate well with firm departments, executive management, and clients.
- Interface with various marketing vendors and consultants.
- Design print materials, from conceptualization to creation.
- Has an artistic eye.
- Ability to edit videos.
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator highly preferred.
- Experience with Word Press for websites is highly preferred.
- Experience with MailChimp or Constant Contacts is highly preferred.