Brian J. Forgue Associate
Brian is an attorney in the firm’s Litigation practice group. He represents clients in a broad range of litigation matters, with an emphasis on complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey as an associate attorney, Brian served as a legal intern at the United States House of Representatives and worked as a law clerk for MacElree Harvey conducting research and drafting documents for various phases of litigation.
During law school, Brian served on the Executive Board for the Dickinson School of Law’s Yearbook on Arbitration and Mediation as the Articles Editor. He also competed as a member of Dickinson Law’s Mock Trial Team, participating in a national competition against law schools from around the country. In his third year of law school, Brian was selected as one of only three students who worked for the Centre County Public Defender’s Office, where he represented his own clients and gained valuable courtroom experience.
Brian is a 2016 graduate of the Chester County Bar Association Advocacy Academy. Additionally, Brian is a graduate of Leadership Chester County, a program that trains and prepares community leaders from various professions to serve on the Board of Directors for local non-profit organizations.
- Successful negotiation of credit card debt settlements for less than the balance owed.
- Successful defense of client sued by contractor despite contractor’s deficient remodeling of the home.
- Successful representation of Homeowners Association in court for homeowners’ failure to pay fees owed.
- Obtained favorable disposition for a commercial client with third-party and insurance company for payment of contract price and attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained favorable settlement for a home-buying client where seller failed to disclose dangerous conditions prior to sale.
- A successful outcome for a client in residential dispute for the return of personal property.
- Chester County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Leadership Chester County, Class of 2017
- Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry, Emerging Leaders Committee, Member
- Kennett High School, Coach Mock Trial
- Youth Mentoring Partnership, Board of Directors
- November 2018: What to Do and Not to Do as you Enter a Business Dispute
- Served with a Subpoena? Here’s What To Do
- Let’s Talk Money: Who is Responsible for Attorneys’ Fees in Civil Litigation?
- MacElree Harvey Welcomes New Associate Attorney Brian J. Forgue
Brian assisted me and resolved an ongoing tenant issue I was having trying to evict my tenant. Brian kept me in the loop with all what was going on and worked diligently to resolve the issue and stayed on top of the situation. We, unfortunately, had to go to court to resolve the issue and the judgment was in my favor. I would recommend Brian for any legal issues you might be going through and need them resolved.
Chris Dougherty Read more
Banking & Finance Litigation
My case was with a different lawyer for a year before I gave it to Brian. He was able to solve some financial issues I was having in just a few months, that the previous attorney couldn't get done in a year's time. Brian consistently kept me updated and always responded to emails or phone calls quickly. He is also very personable and makes you feel comfortable when speaking with him. Will definitely hire Brian in the future, if I need an attorney.
Jenn Read more
Brian always responded promptly and answered any questions I had. He was very professional and courteous while dealing with this matter. I would highly recommend him.
Trish Read more
- The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, Juris Doctor
- The Pennsylvania State University, Crime, Law, and Justice