Brian J. Forgue Partner - Family Law and Commercial, Banking and Finance Litigation
(O) (610) 840-0221
Brian is a Partner in the Firm’s family law practice group. He represents clients in a broad range of family law matters including divorce, pre and post marital agreements, custody, support, and adoption. Brian also advises clients on a variety of legal issues including real estate litigation, contract, and business disputes. For his work since joining MacElree Harvey, Brian has consistently been selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Rising Star and a Main Line Today Top Lawyer.
Active in the community, Brian is a graduate of Leadership Chester County, a program that trains and prepares community leaders to serve on the Board of Directors for non-profit organizations. Brian serves on the Board of Directors for a local non-profit organization, the Youth Mentoring Partnership, which helps serve under-privileged youth through sports and physical fitness programs. Brian also serves on the Business Improvement District (“BID) Board for downtown West Chester and serves on the Committee to Restore Rail Service to West Chester.
In his free time, Brian enjoys traveling, spending time with family, and competing in triathlons.
- Successful negotiation of credit card debt settlements for less than the balance owed.
- Successful defense of client sued by contractor despite contractor’s deficient remodeling of the home.
- Successful representation of Homeowners Association in court for homeowners’ failure to pay fees owed.
- Obtained favorable disposition for a commercial client with third-party and insurance company for payment of contract price and attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained favorable settlement for a home-buying client where seller failed to disclose dangerous conditions prior to sale.
- A successful outcome for a client in residential dispute for the return of personal property.
- Chester County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry, Emerging Leaders Committee, Member
- Kennett High School, Coach Mock Trial
- Leadership Chester County, a program of United Way of Chester County, Class of 2017
- Youth Mentoring Partnership, Board of Directors
- November 2018: What to Do and Not to Do as you Enter a Business Dispute
- 23 Attorneys Named as Main Line Today Top Lawyers 2022
- MacElree Harvey, Ltd. Names New Shareholders and Partners
- Child Custody In the Holiday Season
- How Can I Keep the Cost of My Divorce Down?
- Marital Debts And Bankruptcy: Understanding New Rules On Old Obligations
- The Economic Impacts of COVID-19: Notes on Equitable Distribution (Part I)
- 26 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named 2019 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers List
- Disclosing Before Closing
- Served with a Subpoena? Here’s What To Do
- Let’s Talk Money: Who is Responsible for Attorneys’ Fees in Civil Litigation?
- MacElree Harvey Welcomes New Associate Attorney Brian J. Forgue
I wish I'd found MacElree Harvey sooner. We hired an attorney from Philadelphia for a border dispute that was heading to arbitration. This initial lawyer was overconfident, dismissive of our questions and slow to respond. We did extensive research and then reached out to MacElree Harvey for a 2nd opinion consultation. From our very first interaction with this firm, we were impressed. Our phone call was answered by a live person, Executive Assistant Cheryl McVicker, who was fantastic. She listened to our story, gathered all of our information, promised to get back to us promptly and kept her word. Within a short time, we got a call from Matt McKeon. During the first 30-minute phone call with Matt, he provided an extensive amount of helpful information. In response to additional questions, he did prompt and thorough research and answered right away via email. For the first time in almost 2 years, we felt that we fully understood our case. Matt then brought in a colleague, Brian Forgue, to address certain aspects of the case. His expertise and attentiveness to our case was similarly impressive. Just a great experience. We highly recommend Matt, Brian and the entire MacElree Harvey staff!
Gina Read more
Exactly What We Needed
Our company was dealing with a very difficult client and we needed expert legal assistance to navigate the challenges we faced. Brian was referred to us after we were underwhelmed by our initial attorney. Brian and his firm were professional, fair and provided exceptional service. He helped us navigate through a difficult case and we were pleased with the result. From learning/conveying the specifics of the case to timely followups and helping us understand what to expect, Brian exceeded our expectations. I can recommend Brian Forgue most highly and without reservation. We will be using him again for future needs.
Marc Read more
Brian did a great job representing our company. We had a unique case with some very grey areas involving privacy in today's ever changing market. Brian was very thorough in his preparation and filings and he took the time to listen to come up with a strategy that best suited us.
Chris Read more
We hired Brian and his firm to review our Participant Agreement. Brian was very thorough and diligent in providing feedback and recommendations that we feel as a result has enhanced the validity of this legal document. Brian's focus on us as a client, as well as his professionalism and demeanor, made us feel that we were in very good, capable hands. In addition, the turnaround time for completing this project was quick and we very much appreciate this! Thank you!
Boris Read more
We cannot say enough how much we appreciated Brian’s expertise and assistance in resolving our roof issues. He was thorough and consistent and kept us apprised with each plan of action. Would highly recommend him!
Deb Read more
Brian represented my wife and me in a case filed by an opposing law firm. There were many facets to the case which originated from a suit filed against a school district where we were seeking judgment for education expenses. After many years, multiple agreements and unclear settlement terms we found ourselves being sued for a large sum by the firm that represented us. Brian reviewed our documents, gave us sound advice and offered us options to bring closure to the case. Only after understanding our position and limitations, Brian moved forward with litigating with the opposing firm with our best interests in mind. Ultimately Brian was able to litigate the case, keep us out of court and settle within our means. I would recommend Brian to anyone who is seeking representation.
John Read more
Brian assisted me and resolved an ongoing tenant issue I was having trying to evict my tenant. Brian kept me in the loop with all what was going on and worked diligently to resolve the issue and stayed on top of the situation. We, unfortunately, had to go to court to resolve the issue and the judgment was in my favor. I would recommend Brian for any legal issues you might be going through and need them resolved.
Chris Dougherty Read more
Banking & Finance Litigation
My case was with a different lawyer for a year before I gave it to Brian. He was able to solve some financial issues I was having in just a few months, that the previous attorney couldn't get done in a year's time. Brian consistently kept me updated and always responded to emails or phone calls quickly. He is also very personable and makes you feel comfortable when speaking with him. Will definitely hire Brian in the future, if I need an attorney.
Jenn Read more
Brian always responded promptly and answered any questions I had. He was very professional and courteous while dealing with this matter. I would highly recommend him.
Trish Read more
- The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, Juris Doctor
- The Pennsylvania State University, Crime, Law, and Justice
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania