Patrick J. Boyer concentrates his practice on family law. He advocates in various areas including, but not limited to, divorce, property division, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support, and domestic violence. In addition, Patrick assists his clients with issues involving guardianship and third-party visitation. He is licensed in Delaware and Pennsylvania and works out of the firm’s Centreville, Delaware office.
Patrick is a 2009 graduate of La Salle University and a 2012 graduate of the Penn State Dickinson School of Law. He joined MacElree Harvey in 2014 after serving as a law clerk in the Delaware Family Court for almost a year and a half. In 2019, Patrick was elevated to Partner with the Firm. Patrick was selected as a contract attorney for the Delaware Family Court, where he represented parents in the termination of parental rights proceedings with children removed from their care and taking into state custody. Additionally, Patrick was also selected as a contract attorney charged with representing child support obligors facing the treat of incarceration in civil contempt proceedings. Patrick has also presented at multiple Continuing Legal Education seminars to other attorneys addressing family law related topics. He has previously served as the Chair of the Family Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association. In 2019, Patrick was recognized by his peers as a top lawyer in family law, which was published in Delaware Today.
Patrick grew up in Delaware and is a graduate of Salesianum High School. He enjoys golf, running, and spending time with his wife and son.
- 2016: Identifying and Handling Conflict Issues in Family Law Matters CLE
- 2016: Fundamentals of Family Law: Protection from Abuse CLE
- 2015: Family Law Update CLE
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Chair 2015-2016
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Vice Chair 2014-2015
- Chester County Bar Association
- Melson-Arsht American Inn of Court
- St. Thomas More Society
- Is Private School Allocated in Child Support?
- Is Delaware a No-Fault State?
- What Are The Delaware Standard Contact Guidelines?
- What is an Ex Parte Order?
- Does My Child Have a Say in Custody?
- Domestic Violence and Protection From Abuse Laws in Delaware
- Divorce in an Economic Downturn
- Will I be Held in Contempt if I Disobey the Custody Order During a Crisis?
- Divisible Divorce Doctrine
- Subject Matter Jurisdiction: What is it and Why is it Relevant in a Divorce Case?
- Patrick J. Boyer and Kristen R. Matthews Elected Partners of MacElree Harvey
- Patrick J. Boyer to Present CLE for the Delaware State Bar Association
- What Documents Do I Need for My Divorce?
- How Will Child Support Be Determined?
- Differences in Delaware And Pennsylvania Family Laws
- MacElree Harvey Ltd Appointed to the Board of the Centreville Civic Association
- MacElree Harvey Wins Supreme Court Appeal of Delaware Marital Property Case
- Marie Crossley and Patrick Boyer to Present CLE Seminar: Identifying and Handling Conflict Issues in Family Law Matters
- MacElree Harvey Family Law Attorneys to Present at Continuing Legal Education Seminar on Family Law Topics on January 29, 2016.
- 5 Common Mistakes in Family Law Matters
Patrick Boyer is the best divorce attorney in the business!
I hired Patrick to resolve my divorce case for custody, child support, alimony and ancillary matters. His tenacious approach, attention to detail and strategic planning were paramount in my case which resulted in a highly successful outcome. When the pressure is on, Patrick always conducts himself in a professional manner with a calm, cool approach and remains fact based not to allow hearsay to derail the mission. The results speak for themselves. If you're going through a divorce and need the best, Patrick is the answer!
George Read more
It was a long 2-year process but with the help of Patrick Boyer of Macelree Harvey, I was victorious. Don't let the young look of Mr. Boyer fool you, he knows the law and will fight for what is right. I recommend him 10000 times over. All the staff was professional, polite and upbeat with every visit and call I had. I wish I could give 10 stars.
Erica Read more
Family Law – Custody
I had a very long elaborate and stressful case. I have no idea what I would have done if Patrick was not there. I was terribly afraid of the outcome of my case and it was in and out of court for years and I felt it would never end. Patrick took great care of me and was very compassionate. He reached out to me all the time and was very on top of all updates of my case. He has an immense attention to detail and truly cares about your case as if it was his children he was fighting for. I think he is very knowledgeable and was able to fight many pieces of the case that could have been turned negatively against me or certain evidence was thrown out if he didn't know the law as he does. He is very organized and knows exactly when to present what. I feel as though with all things Patrick made sure my case went towards the best possible outcome. I highly recommend him to anyone searching for a lawyer whether your case is simple or complicated you will be very satisfied if you hire Patrick. I went through so much and was beyond emotional through most of this and he continued to be there for me and still is with providing me with resolutions. I seriously cannot stress enough that I don't know what I would have done without him and he was very understanding of my case as well as financial situation! Patrick Boyer is irreplaceable and I'm forever thankful and grateful!
Chrissy Read more
Family Law – Custody and Child Support
Patrick represented me in a very difficult case for custody and child support. I couldn't be happier that I made the choice of hiring Patrick after consulting with 3 other attorneys. Soon as I meet with Patrick for the first time I knew he was the one who would fight tooth and nail for what was right for my babies. He didn't let me down. I would recommend Patrick in a heartbeat to anyone who is seeking a divorce, custody, property, alimony and/ or child support. Thank you so much, Patrick, for everything you did!
Nichole Read more
Family Law – Adoption (International)
Patrick was great! We hired him after consulting two other attorneys. We had a situation complicated by Delaware law requiring us to post ads in South Korean newspapers regarding custody and offer proof to the court. The law was unclear about how to go about this, but Patrick guided us through the process and the court ruled in our favor. The adoption went through with no hassle on January 25th and our family is thrilled to now be legal under the same family name. We originally attempted to do this ourselves which turned out not to be a very good idea, way more complicated than we thought. Patrick was able to undo our mistakes and get us on the right path. Thanks, Patrick for your hard work and getting results. We highly recommend Patrick for anyone needing counsel for adoption!
David Read more
- La Salle University, Political Science/History
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law
- Delaware Today Top Lawyer 2019, 2021