Patrick J. Boyer Associate
Patrick J. Boyer concentrates his practice on family law. He advocates in various areas including, but not limited to, divorce, property division, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support, and domestic violence.
In addition, Patrick assists his clients with issues involving guardianship and third party visitation. He is licensed in Delaware and Pennsylvania, and works out of the Centreville Delaware office at MacElree Harvey Ltd.
Patrick has been awarded the Child Support Arrears Contract by the Delaware Family Court. He represents child support obligors in civil contempt proceedings facing the threat of incarceration.
The Delaware Family Court selected Patrick as a contract attorney to represent parents with children removed from their care and taken into state custody. This representation can commence as soon as the children come into state custody and can lead to termination of parental rights.
Patrick grew up in Delaware and went to Salesianum High School. He graduated from the Penn State Dickinson School of Law in 2012. Before joining MacElree Harvey Ltd., Patrick clerked for the Honorable Michael K. Newell and the Honorable William L. Chapman, Jr. in the Delaware Family Court in New Castle County for a period of 16 months. While in law school, Patrick participated in a family law clinic, where he assisted individuals with family law issues. Patrick was also president of his law school’s Federalist Society chapter, and has interned in the White House and in a US Senator’s office.
Patrick works to ensure that his clients are fully informed, and prides himself on being cost-effective and accessible.
Patrick has run the Philadelphia Marathon twice and enjoys golf and weightlifting.
- 2015: Family Law Update CLE
- 2016: Fundamentals of Family Law CLE
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Chair 2015-2016
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Vice Chair 2014-2015
- Chester County Bar Association
- Differences in Delaware And Pennsylvania Family Laws
- MacElree Harvey Ltd Appointed to the Board of the Centreville Civic Association
- MacElree Harvey Wins Supreme Court Appeal of Delaware Marital Property Case
- Marie Crossley and Patrick Boyer to Present CLE Seminar: Identifying and Handling Conflict Issues in Family Law Matters
- MacElree Harvey Family Law Attorneys to Present at Continuing Legal Education Seminar on Family Law Topics on January 29, 2016.
- 5 Common Mistakes in Family Law Matters