Patrick J. Boyer concentrates his practice on family law. He advocates in various areas including, but not limited to, divorce, property division, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support, and domestic violence.
In addition, Patrick assists his clients with issues involving guardianship and third-party visitation. He is licensed in Delaware and Pennsylvania and works out of the firm’s Centreville, Delaware office.
In the past, Patrick served as a contract attorney for the Delaware Family Court, representing parents in termination of parental rights proceedings with children removed from their care and taken into state custody. In addition to that, Patrick represented child support obligors facing the threat of incarceration in civil contempt proceedings.
Patrick grew up in Delaware and went to Salesianum High School. He graduated from the Penn State Dickinson School of Law in 2012. Before joining MacElree Harvey Ltd., Patrick clerked for the Honorable Michael K. Newell and the Honorable William L. Chapman, Jr. in the Delaware Family Court in New Castle County for a period of 16 months. While in law school, Patrick participated in a family law clinic, where he assisted individuals with family law issues. Patrick was also president of his law school’s Federalist Society chapter, and has interned in the White House and in a US Senator’s office.
Patrick works to ensure that his clients are fully informed, and prides himself on being cost-effective and accessible.
Patrick has run the Philadelphia Marathon twice and enjoys golf and weightlifting.
- 2016: Identifying and Handling Conflict Issues in Family Law Matters CLE
- 2016: Fundamentals of Family Law: Protection from Abuse CLE
- 2015: Family Law Update CLE
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Chair 2015-2016
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Vice Chair 2014-2015
- Chester County Bar Association
- Melson-Arsht American Inn of Court
- St. Thomas More Society
- Subject Matter Jurisdiction: What is it and Why is it Relevant in a Divorce Case?
- Patrick J. Boyer and Kristen R. Matthews Elected Partners of MacElree Harvey
- Patrick J. Boyer to Present CLE for the Delaware State Bar Association
- What Documents Do I Need for My Divorce?
- How Will Child Support Be Determined?
- Differences in Delaware And Pennsylvania Family Laws
- MacElree Harvey Ltd Appointed to the Board of the Centreville Civic Association
- MacElree Harvey Wins Supreme Court Appeal of Delaware Marital Property Case
- Marie Crossley and Patrick Boyer to Present CLE Seminar: Identifying and Handling Conflict Issues in Family Law Matters
- MacElree Harvey Family Law Attorneys to Present at Continuing Legal Education Seminar on Family Law Topics on January 29, 2016.
- 5 Common Mistakes in Family Law Matters
It was a long 2-year process but with the help of Patrick Boyer of Macelree Harvey, I was victorious. Don't let the young look of Mr. Boyer fool you, he knows the law and will fight for what is right. I recommend him 10000 times over. All the staff was professional, polite and upbeat with every visit and call I had. I wish I could give 10 stars.
Erica Read more
Family Law – Custody
I had a very long elaborate and stressful case. I have no idea what I would have done if Patrick was not there. I was terribly afraid of the outcome of my case and it was in and out of court for years and I felt it would never end. Patrick took great care of me and was very compassionate. He reached out to me all the time and was very on top of all updates of my case. He has an immense attention to detail and truly cares about your case as if it was his children he was fighting for. I think he is very knowledgeable and was able to fight many pieces of the case that could have been turned negatively against me or certain evidence was thrown out if he didn't know the law as he does. He is very organized and knows exactly when to present what.I feel as though with all things Patrick made sure my case went towards the best possible outcome. I highly recommend him to anyone searching for a lawyer whether your case is simple or complicated you will be very satisfied if you hire Patrick. I went through so much and was beyond emotional through most of this and he continued to be there for me and still is with providing me with resolutions.I seriously cannot stress enough that I don't know what I would have done without him and he was very understanding of my case as well as financial situation!Patrick Boyer is irreplaceable and I'm forever thankful and grateful!
Chrissy Read more
Family Law – Custody and Child Support
Patrick represented me in a very difficult case for custody and child support. I couldn't be happier that I made the choice of hiring Patrick after consulting with 3 other attorneys. Soon as I meet with Patrick for the first time I knew he was the one who would fight tooth and nail for what was right for my babies. He didn't let me down. I would recommend Patrick in a heartbeat to anyone who is seeking a divorce, custody, property, alimony and/ or child support. Thank you so much, Patrick, for everything you did!
Nichole Read more
Family Law – Adoption (International)
Patrick was great! We hired him after consulting two other attorneys. We had a situation complicated by Delaware law requiring us to post ads in South Korean newspapers regarding custody and offer proof to the court. The law was unclear about how to go about this, but Patrick guided us through the process and the court ruled in our favor. The adoption went through with no hassle on January 25th and our family is thrilled to now be legal under the same family name. We originally attempted to do this ourselves which turned out not to be a very good idea, way more complicated than we thought. Patrick was able to undo our mistakes and get us on the right path. Thanks, Patrick for your hard work and getting results. We highly recommend Patrick for anyone needing counsel for adoption!
David Read more
- La Salle University, Political Science/History
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law