Patrick J. Boyer
Partner – Family Law
Patrick J. Boyer concentrates his practice on family law. He advocates in various areas including, but not limited to, divorce, property division, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support, and domestic violence. In addition, Patrick assists his clients with issues involving guardianship and third-party visitation. He is licensed in Delaware and Pennsylvania and works out of the firm’s Centreville, Delaware office.
Patrick is a 2009 graduate of La Salle University and a 2012 graduate of the Penn State Dickinson School of Law. He joined MacElree Harvey in 2014 after serving as a law clerk in the Delaware Family Court for almost a year and a half. In 2019, Patrick was elevated to Partner with the Firm. Patrick was selected as a contract attorney for the Delaware Family Court, where he represented parents in the termination of parental rights proceedings with children removed from their care and taking into state custody. Additionally, Patrick was also selected as a contract attorney charged with representing child support obligors facing the treat of incarceration in civil contempt proceedings. Patrick has also presented at multiple Continuing Legal Education seminars to other attorneys addressing family law related topics. He has previously served as the Chair of the Family Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association. In 2019, Patrick was recognized by his peers as a top lawyer in family law, which was published in Delaware Today.
Patrick grew up in Delaware and is a graduate of Salesianum High School. He enjoys golf, running, and spending time with his wife and son.
- 2016: Identifying and Handling Conflict Issues in Family Law Matters CLE
- 2016: Fundamentals of Family Law: Protection from Abuse CLE
- 2015: Family Law Update CLE
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Chair 2015-2016
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Vice Chair 2014-2015
- Chester County Bar Association
- Melson-Arsht American Inn of Court
- St. Thomas More Society
- La Salle University, Political Science/History
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law
IN THE NEWS
- Delaware Today Top Lawyer 2019-2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2021-2022