Daniel R. Losco
Partner – Commercial and Residential Real Estate, Business, Wills, Trusts and Estates
Daniel R. Losco brings 38 years of experience in commercial and residential real estate matters, as well as business transactions, wills, trusts and estates.
Daniel R. Losco brings 38 years of experience in commercial and residential real estate matters, as well as business transactions, wills, trusts and estates. His clients range from commercial and residential real estate developers, regional lending institutions, condominium associations, local business owners, municipal governments as well as private individuals.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Ltd., Mr. Losco was the founding partner of Losco & Marconi, P.A., a Delaware civic litigation and transactional law firm established in July, 1995. He served as the City Solicitor for the City of Delaware City from 2000 through 2011 and has served as the current City Solicitor for the City of New Castle, Delaware since 2011. Mr. Losco was recognized in 2010, 2011 and 2012 as a Five Star Wealth Manager in Delaware Today magazine for his work in estate planning and administration.
A native of Pittsburgh, Mr. Losco received his bachelor’s degree from The Pennsylvania State University in 1980 and is a 1984 graduate of the Delaware Law School of Widener University. While in law school, Mr. Losco was a two year member of the law review serving on the Board of Editors of the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law.
Representative clients include First Citizens Community Bank, Old Republic Title Insurance Company, Delle Donne & Associates, Cirillo Brothers, True Access Capital Corporation and National Council on Agricultural Life and Labor Research Fund, Inc. (NCALL) as well as various private individuals, local businesses and condominium/community maintenance associations.
- Secured land use approvals for a 50,000 sq. ft. “flex space” commercial development in Millsboro, Delaware.
- Formed a five-unit professional office condominium for a group dentists in the Smyrna, Delaware area.
- Assisted the City of New Castle in the conversion of its Board of Adjustment to a citizen board and providng legal and ethical training to the initial citizen members.
- Simultaneously settled commerical loans for over $5 million in bridge loan and permanent financing for a new warehouse development in Newark, Delaware.
- Successfully negotiated and settled the purchase of multiple properties in the City of Wilmington to establish client’s ownership of an entire city block for redevelopment.
- Assisted a builder/developer in negotiations to develop a vertical farm in the City of Wilmington.
- Re-wrote the City of New Castle’s Historic Area Commission ordinance to modernize and streamline land use approvals in the City’s nationally recognized historic zone.
- Successfully negotiated land development agreements with a national home building company for a 200+ lot development in Kent County, Delaware.
- Successfully negotiated a long term commercial lease for a regional bank at property located in Greenville, Delaware.
- Successfully defended allegations of financial wrongdoing against a community maintenance association with the Delaware Delaware Common Interest Ownership Act Ombudsman.
- Completed negotiations and settlement on the purchase of a “Postal Connections” franchise including settlement of an SBA loan and negotiation of a lease assignment.
- Assisted a terminally ill client with expedited estate planning documentation.
- Delaware Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Delaware Bar Association Real Estate and Personal Property Section; Estates and Trusts Section; Law Practice Management Section; Small Firm and Solo Practice Section; Senior Citizen’s Rights Committee
- American Heart Association, Delaware Affiliate, Board of Directors – 1993 to 1998
- American Heart Association, Research Committee Member – 1998 to 2000
- New Castle County Head Start – Board of Directors – 1999 to 2009
- Christina Cultural Arts Center – Board of Directors and Executive Committee – 2014 to 2020
- “Representing the Elderly: Ethical Challenges”, Delaware Lawyer, Summer, 1989
- Contributing Author: Guardianship Handbook published under the auspices of the Delaware Court of Chancery
- All Delaware and Pennsylvania State Courts
- S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1980
- Delaware Law School of Widener University, J.D., 1984