Peter E. Kratsa Partner - Criminal Defense and Personal Injury
(O) (610) 840-0209
(M) (610) 636-1800
“I enjoy solving problems for clients. My approach is both analytical and tactical. The goal is always the same: the best possible outcome for my client.”
Mr. Kratsa, the Chair of MacElree Harvey’s Criminal Defense Practice Group, is a criminal defense attorney with over 20 years of experience defending individuals and entities accused of criminal activity. His practice includes representation of clients in state and federal criminal trials, grand jury investigations, internal investigations, appeals, state and federal regulatory matters, and juvenile delinquency matters.
Pete additionally practices personal injury and medical malpractice law where he provides the same zealous advocacy in obtaining compensation for those clients injured through the negligence of others.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Pete was a partner in a private law practice which concentrated exclusively on criminal cases at the state and federal court level. Before going into private practice, Pete served as an Assistant Public Defender with the Chester County Public Defender’s Office.Visit Peter's Website
- Client acquitted by jury of Rape and related charges after a week-long trial involving multiple factual and scientific witnesses.
- Client accused of Insurance Fraud. With the assistance of a private investigator, developed evidence that Commonwealth witness was fabricating. Witness confronted with fabrications through cross-examination. Case withdrawn by Commonwealth; arrest records expunged.
- Favorable dispositions for multiple clients accused of sex offenses and/or violent offenses through development and advocacy of mitigation arguments.
- Client accused of Unlawful Restraint, False Imprisonment, and firearm-related offenses. Charges withdrawn by Commonwealth after Preliminary Hearing (cross-examination of victim and police) and filing of Pre-Trial Motion.
- Client acquitted by jury of DUI.
- Client accused of assault. Judge granted Pre-Trial Motion to dismiss the charges.
- Client exonerated of Mail Fraud.
- Representation of state and federal grand jury witnesses.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL), Eastern District
- President 2019-present
- President-Elect 2018-2019
- Vice President 2016-2017
- Board of Directors 2015-present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Don’t Let The Police Search Your Car – Make Them Get A Warrant!
- Subject to Cross Episode 17: The State of the Supreme Court Post RBG
- You Received Your PPP Loan, Now How Can You Use It?
- Subject to Cross Episode 15: “Hard Cases Make Bad Law”
- Subject to Cross Episode 13: “Commonwealth v. Cosby, Part 3”
- Subject to Cross Episode 12: “Commonwealth v. Cosby, Part 2”
- Subject to Cross Episode 11: “Commonwealth v. Cosby, Part 1”
- Subject to Cross Episode 10: “Pleased to Meet You!”
- Subject to Cross Episode 9: “Show Me The Defense!”
- Subject to Cross Episode 8: “Marsy’s Law: It’s Not What It Seems”
- Subject to Cross Episode 7: “Social Media and Its Effect on Criminal Law”
- Peter E. Kratsa Elected President of the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Subject to Cross Episode 6: “A topic near and dear to Pete’s heart… and cats.”
- Subject to Cross Episode 5: “Hook, Line, and Sinker”
- Subject to Cross Podcast Episode 4: “Mandatory Minimums and Listener Questions”
- 26 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named 2019 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today
- Subject to Cross Podcast Episode 3: “Top 10 Observations of a Criminal Defense Attorney”
- Subject to Cross Podcast Episode 2: “Getting Our Wings”
- Subject to Cross Podcast Episode 1
- Why Cheating Your Kid’s Way into College is a Federal Offense
- Do you have a criminal history? You may be unpleasantly surprised.
- Are You Recording This?! A Primer on Pennsylvania’s Wiretap Act
- 23 Attorneys Named Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers 2018
- Peter E. Kratsa Receives PACDL 2017 President’s and Directors’ Commendation Award
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys named 2016 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine
- MacElree Harvey Names New Shareholder
- Peter Kratsa featured in Bloomberg Business
- Attorney Peter Kratsa Featured on CNN
- Want advice? You need a lawyer
- Attorney-Client Privilege: The Primary Principle of Criminal Defense
Criminal Defense – DUI
Mr. Kratsa provided excellent representation in my case. Very knowledgeable of the law. More importantly, he knows the nuances of the judicial process and the folks that oversee it in Chester County PA--judges, magistrates, clerks etc. Very personable; great at listening and providing advice and recommendations. Overall, an excellent and successful experience.
Anonymous Read more
I was referred to Peter Kratsa through a friend who had amazing things to say about him. After speaking with him the first time, I knew why my friend thought so highly of him. You could tell, even on the phone, how much he cared about his clients & the outcomes of the cases he takes on. I felt like I finally had someone on my side who I could trust. Peter and his staff are always available to speak, promptly & they explain things in the clearest of ways so you fully understand your options. I am so pleased with working with him and I would recommend him to anyone needing legal assistance.
Anonymous Read more
GREAT ATTORNEY! Very professional and is well liked by the Chester County community. Always felt well represented. Have recommended him to many, and will continue to do so!
Aubrey Read more
Peter Kratsa is truly an exceptional attorney. He goes above and beyond to achieve successful outcomes for his clients. I give him my highest endorsement and recommend him to you enthusiastically.
Anonymous Read more
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Richmond (B.A., English/History)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania