Peter E. Kratsa Partner
“I enjoy solving problems for clients. My approach is both analytical and tactical. The goal is always the same: the best possible outcome for my client.”
Mr. Kratsa is an experienced criminal defense attorney with over 20 years of experience defending individuals and entities accused of criminal activity. His practice includes representation of clients in state and federal criminal trials, grand jury investigations, internal investigations, appeals, state and federal regulatory matters and juvenile delinquency matters.
Mr. Kratsa additionally practices family law, including divorce, support, custody and adoption.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Mr. Kratsa was a partner in a private law practice which concentrated exclusively on criminal cases at the state and federal court level. Before going into private practice, Mr. Kratsa served as an Assistant Public Defender with the Chester County Public Defender’s Office.Visit Peter's Website
- Successfully represented a client accused of Insurance Fraud. With assistance of investigator, developed evidence that Commonwealth witness was fabricating. Witness confronted with fabrications through cross-examination. Case withdrawn by Commonwealth; arrest records expunged. Witness confronted with fabrications through cross-examination. Case withdrawn by Commonwealth; arrest records expunged.
- Favorable disposition for multiple clients accused of sex offenses and/or violent offenses through development and advocacy of mitigation arguments.
- Successfully represented a client accused of Unlawful Restraint, False Imprisonment and firearm-related offenses. Charges withdrawn by Commonwealth after Preliminary Hearing (cross-examination of victim and police) and filing of Omnibus Pre-Trial Motion.
- Successfully represented a client acquitted by jury of DUI.
- Successfully represented a client accused of assault. Judge granted Pre-Trial Motion to dismiss the charges.
- Successfully represented a client exonerated of Mail Fraud.
- Representation of state and federal grand jury witnesses.
- Favorable dispositions for clients charged with summary criminal and traffic offenses.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL), Eastern District Vice President 2016-Present, Board of Directors 2015-Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Peter E. Kratsa Receives PACDL 2017 President’s and Directors’ Commendation Award
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys named 2016 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine
- MacElree Harvey Names New Shareholder
- Peter Kratsa featured in Bloomberg Business
- Attorney Peter Kratsa Featured on CNN
- Want advice? You need a lawyer
- Attorney-Client Privilege: The Primary Principle of Criminal Defense