John F. McKenna Partner
John heads the firm’s Trust and Estate Litigation Group. He represents clients in all estate and trust matters, complex guardianships, will contests, trust termination and modifications, corporate disputes, contract interpretation, real estate disputes, consumer protection, and broker liability litigation.
John has also expanded his practice to include private mediation. He has been appointed a Special Master by the Court to hear discovery issues and partition matters. John has also been appointed by the Court to be a receiver for some corporations, as well as an administrator of estates involved in litigation.
- Successfully mediated a dispute between the litigants in an estate matter involving several million dollars in property and assets.
- Successful in obtaining a guardian for a retired gentleman who had over $4,000,000 in assets.
- Successfully replaced a corporate trustee for a church whose Elders were seeking substitution due to questionable financial dealings by the initial corporate trustee.
- Obtained a judgment for reimbursement of attorneys’ fees and treble damages for a victim of broker fraud, unfair trade practices and unsuitable investments.
- Successfully represented large Trust Companies in seeking trust modifications in trusts totalling more than $10,000,000.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Probate Section
- Chester County Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Civil Litigation Section, Business Law Section, Probate and Estates Section, Elder Law Section
- Chester County Estate Planning Council, Treasurer
- Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- John E. Stively American Inn of Court, Charter Member and Master Level Member
- Chester County Bar Association, President 2004
- Chester County Bar Foundation, President 2000
- Chester County Estate Planning Council, Board Member
- Chester County Delegate to the PBA House of Delegates
- John E. Stively American Inn of Court, Treasurer, 1999-2004
- Lawyer Referral Service Committee, Chairman
- Legal Aid of Southeastern PA, Board President, 2009 and 2010
- Chester County Art Association, Board President, 2007 and 2008
- Chester County Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee Chairman
- DNB First Wealth Management, Advisory Board
- Chester County Art Association, Advisory Board, 2002 – Present
- West Goshen Lions Club, President, 1997-1998
- American Cancer Society, Chester County Chapter
- Attorney John F. McKenna to Speak on Orphans’ Court Mediation at CCBA ADR Section Meeting
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys named 2016 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine
- Cautionary Tale – Insurance Policy Beneficiaries
- ABC . . .DeLage Landen – A Cautionary Tale of Equipment Finance Leasing
- Advantages of Private Dispute Resolution