John F. McKenna Partner - Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation and Mediation
(O) (610) 840-0215
John heads the firm’s Trust and Estate Litigation Group. He represents clients in all estate and trust matters, complex guardianships, will contests, trust termination and modifications, corporate disputes, contract interpretation, real estate disputes, consumer protection, and broker liability litigation.
John has also expanded his practice to include private mediation. He has been appointed a Special Master by the Court to hear discovery issues and partition matters. John has also been appointed by the Court to be a receiver for some corporations, as well as an administrator of estates involved in litigation.
John has an AV Preeminent Rating in Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, the highest legal ability, and ethical standards rating. He has been consistently selected to the Main Line Today Top Lawyers lists. John was selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Trusts and Estates Litigation.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America©2020, Trusts and Estates Litigation
- Main Line Today, Top Lawyer
- Martindale-Hubbel, AV Preeminent Rating
- Pennsylvania Bar Foundation, Louis J. Goffman Award, 2018
- Successfully mediated a dispute between the litigants in an estate matter involving several million dollars in property and assets.
- Successful in obtaining a guardian for a retired gentleman who had over $4,000,000 in assets.
- Successfully replaced a corporate trustee for a church whose Elders were seeking substitution due to questionable financial dealings by the initial corporate trustee.
- Obtained a judgment for reimbursement of attorneys’ fees and treble damages for a victim of broker fraud, unfair trade practices and unsuitable investments.
- Successfully represented large Trust Companies in seeking trust modifications in trusts totaling more than $10,000,000.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Probate Section
- Chester County Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Civil Litigation Section, Business Law Section, Probate and Estates Section, Elder Law Section
- Chester County Estate Planning Council, Past President
- John E. Stively American Inn of Court, Charter Member and Master Level Member
- Chester County Bar Association, President 2004
- Chester County Bar Foundation, President 2000
- Chester County Estate Planning Council, Board Member
- Chester County Delegate to the PBA House of Delegates
- John E. Stively American Inn of Court, Treasurer, 1999-2004
- Lawyer Referral Service Committee, Chairman
- Chester County Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee Chairman, 2005 – Present
- Legal Aid of Southeastern PA, Board President, 2009 – 2010
- Chester County Community Foundation, Board Member, 2018 – Present
- Chester County Art Association, Past President, 2007 – 2009
- DNB First Bank Wealth Management, Advisory Board
- West Goshen Lions Club, President, 1997-1998
- American Cancer Society, Chester County Chapter
- 10 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Recognized As Best Lawyers for 2022
- Communicate! Communicate! Communicate!
- 11 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 6 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2020
- 26 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named 2019 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today
- John McKenna Elected President of Chester County Estate Planning Council
- Top Five Reasons You Should Mediate Your Dispute
- John McKenna to Present CLE for the Chester County Bar Association
- John McKenna Joins Chester County Community Foundation’s Board of Directors
- John McKenna Elected Vice President of Chester County Estate Planning Council
- 23 Attorneys Named Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers 2018
- John F. McKenna Argues Before En Banc Panel of Superior Court, Philadelphia
- Why Do They Call It Orphans’ Court?
- Attorney John F. McKenna to Speak on Orphans’ Court Mediation at CCBA ADR Section Meeting
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys named 2016 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine
- Cautionary Tale – Insurance Policy Beneficiaries
- ABC . . .DeLage Landen – A Cautionary Tale of Equipment Finance Leasing
- Advantages of Private Dispute Resolution