Timothy F. Rayne
Partner – Personal Injury
“You exhibit the highest sense of ethics and honesty. I felt as if my case was presented fairly and honestly. Most importantly, I felt that you truly cared about me and my family.” – Client Review
Tim Rayne is an experienced Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice attorney. For over twenty-five years, Tim has been helping people injured in accidents understand their legal rights and receive fair compensation from insurance companies.
Tim has extensive experience in negotiating settlements with insurance companies and trying cases including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and Fall/Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Dangerous Products/Product Liability
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Wrongful Death
- Uninsured and Underinsured claims
Tim has an advanced Master’s Degree in Trial Advocacy and is Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. SuperLawyers has honored Tim as one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania, and he has been listed by the National Trial Lawyers as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer.
Tim has the highest AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has a 10.0 “Superb” rating from AVVO. Tim has been recognized as a “Top Lawyer” in Personal Injury by Main Line Today Magazine and he is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Tim has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Personal Injury Litigation.
Tim regularly practices in Chester County with offices in Kennett Square and West Chester. Tim also helps clients with Personal Injury cases in neighboring counties including Bucks County, Delaware County, Lancaster County, Montgomery County, and Philadelphia County.
- Car Accident – Chester County, PA – Settlement in excess of one million dollars for a client who sustained serious foot injuries following a broad-side collision between a Corvette and an SUV that failed to yield while turning left.
- Truck Accident – Chester County, PA – Settlement in excess of one million dollars when a car was rear ended by a tractor trailer resulting in neck injuries and surgery.
- Car Accident – Underinsurance Claim – Philadelphia, PA – Mediated settlement in excess of 1.5 million dollars for a client who sustained neurological injuries in a car accident.
- Car Accident Verdict – Chester County, PA – A broad-side collision resulted in neck and back injuries to client. Insurance company offered a low-ball settlement of $12,000. Chester County jury trial resulted in $50,000 verdict.
- Car Accident Verdict – Greensboro, NC – $4,250 Allstate Insurance Company offer was rejected and the jury verdict totaled $62,977.21.
- Medical Malpractice – Operating Room Fire – Cecil County, MD – Operating room fire resulted in first and second degree face and shoulder burns. The case resolved just before trial.
- Slip and Fall – Lancaster, PA – Tenant fell on steps at an apartment building due to a defective railing. The case settled for six figures prior to trial.
- Slip and Fall – Chester County, PA – Client slipped and fell in a McDonald’s restaurant due to wet tile floor without mats or warning signs. The case settled for $125,000.
- Nail Gun Injury – Federal Court – Philadelphia, PA – A construction worker who was seriously injured when a nail gun misfired and shot a three-inch nail into his chest. Legal claims were filed against the nail gun manufacturer alleging that the tool was defective and dangerous because it did not have a safety switch. The case settled prior to trial.
- A List
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, LL.M. Trial Advocacy
- Widener University School of Law, Philadelphia Trial Lawyer’s Award for Trial Advocacy Law Review
- University of Delaware, Economics
IN THE NEWS