Michael possesses the skill, knowledge, and experience to represent and navigate clients through the complex and emotional realms of family law. He is a compassionate and zealous advocate, who maintains a practical and results-driven approach to the issues at hand. He represents clients in family law matters ranging from the routine to the highest levels of complexity.
Michael is a partner in the West Chester office’s Family Law Practice and a member of the Litigation Group. Michael’s practice focuses on family law specific areas of divorce, equitable distribution of property, alimony, marital agreements, child custody, and support.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Michael was an associate in the firm Rovito Law, LLC, from 2011 through 2021, where he concentrated in family law matters.
Michael is a graduate of Pennsylvania State University’s Smeal School of Business, where he attained a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance.
Michael is also a graduate of Widener University School of Law located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. While at Widener, Michael was a member of the Trial Advocacy Honor Society and earned a Certificate of Merit in the study of Corporate Finance. While in law school, Michael clerked for a private practice, the Northumberland County Office of the Solicitor, and as a summer clerk in the Chester County Court of Common Pleas.
- Counseled spouse involved in complex divorce matter with significant multi-level business interests, requiring the utilization of forensic accountants and business evaluators for resolution of equitable distribution and spousal and child support.
- Advised client and worked with client’s future spouse’s counsel to reach an amicable and comprehensive prenuptial agreement, which provided protection of premarital assets and ensured financial security and stability
- Advised and represented aunt and grandmother, in obtaining standing and ultimately an order awarding primary custody of a child.
- Represented a client to bring to conclusion a near decade long contentious divorce process
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member of Legislative Committee
- Chester County Bar Association
- Family Law Section – Co-Chair
- Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court
- Community Outreach Committee – Co-Chair
- Older Adults & Divorce – Chester County Bar Association
- Grey Divorce – Doris Jonas Freed Inn of Court
- Guide to Alternative Dispute Resolution, Mediation, Collaboration, and Arbitration
- Widener University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- The Pennsylvania State University, Finance