William J. Gallagher
Of Counsel – Litigation and Estates
As a former Public Defender for Chester County and Captain in the Marine Corps, Bill’s proclivity for trying complex litigation cases comes as no surprise. Bill has consistently been rated as a Super Lawyer including for 2021.
William J. Gallagher has been practicing law and serving the community for over 50 years. His practice focuses on general litigation and estates.
Mr. Gallagher currently serves on the Board of Directors of Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania and is a past president of the organization. He is also a member of the Chester County Bar Association’s Pro Bono Committee and Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Legal Services to the Public Committee. Additionally, Mr. Gallagher served as Board Chair for the Chester County Community Foundation from 2014 to 2016.
A longtime resident of Kennett Square, Mr. Gallagher has also served as zoning hearing board solicitor for the Kennett Township for over forty years.
A graduate of La Salle University, Mr. Gallagher received his law degree from Villanova University.
- A List
- Chester County Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee, and Past President
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Legal Services to the Public Committee, Senior Lawyers Committee and Investigation Panel of Judicial Evaluation Commission
- American Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Disciplinary Board Hearing Officer
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Villanova University School of Law
- La Salle University, Government
IN THE NEWS