William J. Gallagher Partner
As a former Public Defender for Chester County and Captain in the Marine Corps, Bill’s proclivity for trying complex litigation cases comes as no surprise.
William J. Gallagher has been practicing law and serving the community for over 50 years. His practice focuses on general litigation, personal injury and professional malpractice cases, trusts and estates and family law matters.
Mr. Gallagher currently serves as president of Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania. He is also a member of the Chester County Bar Association’s Pro Bono Committee and Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Legal Services to the Public Committee.
A longtime resident of Kennett Square, Mr. Gallagher has also served as zoning hearing board solicitor for the Kennett Township since 1970.
A graduate of La Salle University, Mr. Gallagher received his law degree from Villanova University.
- Chester County Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Legal Services to the Public Committee, Senior Lawyers Committee
- American Bar Association
- Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, President
- Kennett Township, Zoning Hearing Board Solicitor
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Chester County Estate Planning Council
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Disciplinary Board Hearing Officer
- Chester County Community Foundation, Board Chair, 2014-2016
- Recipient of the Chester County Community Foundation’s 2010 Door Opener Award
- Thirteen MacElree Harvey Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Edition of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to 2016 PA Super Lawyers List
- William J. Gallagher Esq. Elected President of Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania