Joseph A. Bellinghieri Partner
Joe represents individuals and businesses with a variety of estate, tax, real estate and business issues. With over twenty years of experience, Joe is a seasoned attorney.
Joe’s philosophy is to provide prompt and personal individual attention to each and every client. He strives to understand his client’s needs and to provide positive outcomes based on those needs. Joe is also a Certified Public Accountant and Licensed Pennsylvania Realtor which give Joe the ability to provide his clients with different perspectives on their issues.
- Advises numerous families in regard to wealth transfer strategies, including the creation of Charitable Remainder Trusts, Private Foundations, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Limited Partnerships, and Qualified Personal Residence Trusts.
- Represents numerous entities with various real estate projects including the feasibility of projects, as well as financing and governance issues.
- Acts as General Counsel to major center city law firm.
- Serves as Executor and Trustee for numerous families.
- Negotiates and resolves disputes between family members of complex Estates with significant assets.
- Created and structured a Limited Partnership for purchase of valuable real estate providing significant Estate Tax savings.
- Successfully assisted business owner with sale of multi-million dollar business.
- Evaluates start-up entities for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Successfully represented physician practice in an IRS audit.
- Successfully represented a restaurant owner in a Pennsylvania sales and income tax audit.
- Assists families in obtaining Guardianship over declining family members.
- Advocated on behalf of Executor and Estate against disinherited beneficiary.
- Assisted non-profit entity in its initial set-up and with its corporate governance issues.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Estate Planning Council, Past President
- West Chester Chamber of Commerce, Past Board Member and Treasurer
- Chester County Bar Foundation
- Establishing a Special Needs Trust
- Conservation Easements
- Tax Planning
- Understanding the Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act
- 23 Attorneys Named Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers 2018
- Tax Identity Theft: How Filing Early Can Protect You
- What to know about Pennsylvania’s new 1099-MISC withholding tax requirements
- Key provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys named 2016 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine
- How to Tax-Efficiently Pass Wealth to Your Heirs in Pennsylvania