Mary E. Lawrence is an Associate in MacElree Harvey’s Criminal Defense Practice Group and Litigation Department.
Before joining MacElree Harvey, Mary clerked for a criminal defense and family law practice in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was also a law clerk for the United States Attorney Office in both the Criminal and Civil Division, a certified legal intern for the Chester County District Attorney’s Office, and a law clerk in Philadelphia Family Court.
During law school, Mary served as the Director of the School Discipline Advocacy Service, a pro bono organization that advocated on behalf of Philadelphia Students facing Disciplinary Transfers and Expulsion. She was a member and competed nationally on behalf of Drexel’s Trial Advocacy program. Mary was also a member of and competed locally in the American Association of Justice Society. She was the President of Family Law Society and a member of the Criminal Law Society. Throughout her legal education, Mary was the recipient of the Eric D. Turner Award from the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Prior to law school, Mary studied Criminology and Sociology through the Schreyer Honors College at the Pennsylvania State University. She was a member of the Penn State Mock Trial Association executive board and competed nationally through the American Mock Trial Association. Mary worked in the Sociology Department as a Teaching Assistant for Women in Justice & Sociology of Deviance, and served as a Research Assistant in the Bennett Pierce Prevention Research Center. In 2018 Mary was selected as the Distinguished Graduating Senior in Sociology.
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL) (2021-present)
- Chester County Bar Association (2021-present)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (2019-present)
- American Association of Justice (2019-present)
- Drexel University Kline School of Law – JD with Concentration in Criminal Law (2018-2021)
- The Pennsylvania State University – Schreyer Honors College, Criminology & Sociology cum laude (2014-2018)
- Eastern District of PA
- Eric D. Turner Award – American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers