Patrick J. Gallo, Jr.
Partner – Civil and Commercial Litigation
“Patrick’s meticulous preparation and proactive approach to case study make him someone you would covet for representation; furthermore, he made himself readily available for questions and seemed to have a genuine interest in my concerns regarding the case.” – Client Review from Avvo
An experienced civil litigator, PJ concentrates his practice on complex commercial, construction, products liability, insurance coverage and business litigation. He often represents businesses and corporations in contractual and shareholder disputes and serves as outside counsel to a number of corporations and businesses. PJ is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and has been admitted in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. In addition, PJ regularly represents his clients in arbitration, mediation, and administrative proceedings.
Since 2015, PJ has been consistently selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars list published by Super Lawyers Magazine. Only 2.5% of all lawyers in Pennsylvania receive this honor. PJ has also been featured on Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers list published by Main Line Today Magazine since 2016.
Throughout his career, PJ has successfully litigated a wide array of cases, including construction and architectural defect cases (on behalf of both builders and developers), shareholder disputes, products liability cases (including breach of warranty claims), breach of contract cases, unfair trade practice claims, negligence claims, insurance coverage disputes (including bad faith actions) and employment law disputes.
- Successfully represented a multi-million dollar privately held corporation in a breach of warranty claim filed against an international manufacturer involving a significant capital investment the corporation made in commercial products that were defective resulting in a settlement recovery of $650,000.
- Successfully represented a commercial developer in a multi-million dollar dispute over defects in the design and construction of a new multi-million dollar commercial office building resulting in a substantial confidential settlement for the developer.
- Successfully defended an action asserted by an alleged purchaser of a pool of loans for breaches of three separate promissory notes.
- Successfully represented a general contractor in a contractual and mechanic’s lien claim filed against a commercial property owner for non-payment under the Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act and for breach of the AIA commercial construction contract.
- Successfully defended an action brought against a general contractor for alleged workmanship defects.
- Served as co-counsel in a real estate tax assessment trial on behalf of a developer that resulted in an assessment reduction of over $1.5 million.
- Successfully represented a beneficiary of a life insurance policy who was initially denied life insurance benefits.
- Successfully represented a leading national builder of high performance modular commercial structures in a breach of contract action asserted against a general contractor.
- Co-defense counsel for a limited liability company in connection with a claim filed against it for indemnity and advancement that was ultimately dismissed.
- Served as co-counsel for a multi-million dollar company in an action asserted against a major international reinsurance company for the recovery of insurance as a third party beneficiary, which resulted in a favorable confidential settlement.
- Successfully represented a homeowner in claims against a general contractor for defective renovation work under the Home Improvement Consumer Protection Act and the Unfair Trade Practices, Consumer Protection Law.
- Obtained a substantial settlement on behalf of an individual initially denied insurance coverage under a Homeowners/Renters Policy.
- Successfully represented a regional landscaping company before the U.S. Department of Transportation involving fines assessed by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration which were subsequently dropped.
- Successfully represented a homebuyer in a dispute with the seller over misrepresentations and violations of the Real Estate Settlement Disclosure Law.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Stively American Inn of Court, Board of Directors
- Chester County Community Foundation, Imprints Steering Committee
- Chester County Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Wills for Heroes
- Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania’s Birth Certificate Clinic, Volunteer
- Chester County High School Mock Trial Competition
- West Chester University Law Alumni Association
- West Chester Area YMCA, 2018 Board of Directors
- Crime Victims’ Center of Chester County, Board of Directors (2018-present)
- Chester County Bar Association, Board of Directors (2016-2018)
- Chester County Bar Association, Young Lawyers’ Division – Chair (2017)
- Chester County Bar Association, Diversity Committee
- Chester County Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee
- Chester County Bar Association, Advocacy Academy Graduate (2015)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, YLD Executive Council (Zone 9 Co-Chair)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Bar Leadership Institute Graduate (2016)
- Leadership Chester County Graduate (2016)
- Reforming the Business of Charter Schools in Pennsylvania, 2014 BYU Educ. & L.J. 207 (2014) (cited in Pennsylvania Supreme Justice David N. Wecht’s concurring opinion in Pocono Mountain School District v. Pennsylvania Department of Education, 2016 WL 7449250 (Pa. 2016))
- Subsequent Purchaser-User of a Newly Constructed Home Beware (Feb. 2015)
- Does Insurance Cover Contractors for Claims of Defective Work? (2016)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- J.D., Widener University School of Law
- B.A., West Chester University, magna cum laude
IN THE NEWS