Jeffrey P. Burke is an associate attorney in the firm’s Litigation practice group. Jeff represents individuals and businesses in a broad range of disputes, with emphasis on employment, business, and other civil litigation.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Jeff worked for six years at an insurance defense litigation firm where he represented clients across multiple disciplines in State and Federal Court, including employment discrimination, personal injury, civil rights, product liability, and construction litigation. Before that, Jeff was an associate with a small-size, general practice law firm focusing on criminal defense as well as civil and domestic litigation.
Jeff is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he was a recipient of the Class of 2008 Community Service Award. Prior to attending law school, he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, with minors in Economics and Political Science.
- Obtained favorable, confidential settlements in cases of alleged sex discrimination for multiple Pennsylvania employers, ranging from complex, multi-entity enterprises down to a small family-owned, store;
- Obtained favorable, confidential settlement through Mediation in favor of Pennsylvania business in a case seeking wages under Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection law and alleging discrimination under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act;
- Obtained favorable, confidential settlement through Mediation in favor of Pennsylvania employer in case of alleged national origin discrimination;
- Successfully obtained transfers of venue from Philadelphia County to favorable outlying Pennsylvania counties in multiple personal injury lawsuits brought against Fortune 500 Company;
- Defended and successfully resolved numerous personal injury and property damage claims brought against Pennsylvania businesses and individuals in the areas of premises liability, motor vehicle liability and construction;
- Obtained Summary Judgment before United States District Court in favor of multiple police officer defendants and City alleged to have committed Constitutional rights violations against detainee;
- Litigated numerous cases to judgment involving recovery of possession of real property and unpaid rent;
- Successfully defended and obtained dismissal of numerous Pennsylvania criminal charges, from First Degree Felonies to Summary offenses;
- Successfully litigated numerous domestic relations matters, including divorce, child custody and protection from abuse.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Civil Litigation Section
- Employment Law Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- Stively Inn of Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- West Chester Downtown Foundation, Board Member
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Juris Doctor
- The Pennsylvania State University, Finance
- A recipient of the Class of 2008 Community Service Award