Michael G. Louis Partner
Michael’s practice supports the needs of businesses and homeowners in a changing economic environment. He has extensive experience in mortgage foreclosures, collections and loan workouts, general counsel work and real estate litigation.
- Provided local counsel for a bank in litigation with a borrower in which the bank sued the borrower for $60 million and the borrower filed a separate action against the bank, alleging damages in excess of $60 million.
- Represented landlord whose tenant defaulted on a commercial lease. Recovered possession of the leased property for landlord and all of the unpaid back rent plus the landlord’s attorneys’ fees.
- Defended client sued as a guarantor of a business loan by filing a petition to strike and/or open the judgment.
- Debt workout/restructuring for client in restaurant business that defaulted on obligations to lender due to the slumping economy. Assisted the client in re-working certain loans and obligations and delaying others without losing business.
- Obtained retroactive relief from automatic stay on client’s behalf after defaulting borrower filed bankruptcy on eve of execution on debtor’s real estate.
- Represented client in investigation and litigation involving embezzlement and fraud by company employees. Successfully pursued former employees and obtained partial recovery of stolen funds.
- Represented client sued by bankruptcy trustee for payments made to it on the eve of debtor’s bankruptcy. Resolved the matter with no payment to the bankruptcy trustee.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Business Networking International (BNI)
- Interfaith Housing Assistance Corporation, Director Emeritus
- West Chester Lions Club
- Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce
Previous Community Invovement
- West Side Little League, Secretary and Coach
- West Chester Lions Club, President
- “Community Hero Torchbearer,” carried the Olympic torch through West Chester, Pennsylvania on its way to the Olympic Games in Atlanta
- “Short Sales, Beyond the Sale and Release of Debt”, Suburban West REALTORS® Association, 2015
- Preserving Mechanics’ Lien Rights: What You Need to Know
- Upcoming Changes to Pennsylvania’s Mechanics’ Lien Law
- It is Never Too Late to Save Your Home from Foreclosure