Ashley is a partner in the West Chester office and a member of the firm’s Family Law Practice Group. Her practice focuses on representing clients in all aspects of family law matters, including divorce, alimony/spousal support, equitable distribution of property, marital agreements, child support, and custody. From custody and support disputes to complex divorce and property division, Ashley takes a direct, personal approach to resolve each client’s family law concerns and prides herself on being thorough, passionate and laser-focused on her clients’ needs. Ashley also has significant experience from prior practice representing businesses in corporate bankruptcy matters, which she utilizes regularly in her representation of high net worth clients and divorce proceedings involving businesses.
Licensed to practice law both in Pennsylvania and Delaware, Ashley has received an “AV Preeminent” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level of professional excellence and ethical standards an attorney can receive from the national attorney peer review rating service, since the early 2000s. This rating indicates that an attorney’s colleagues and the judiciary perceive her to be at the pinnacle of professional success. Ashley has also been named to Main Line Today’s “Top Lawyers” list since 2017.
Ashley is a member of the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Delaware State Bar Association, the Chester County Bar Association. She is also a member of the Doris Jonas Freed Matrimonial American Inn of Court and the Southern Chester County Chamber of Commerce.
Active in the community, Ashley serves as a volunteer attorney at the Office of the Child Advocate, a state agency charged with safeguarding the welfare of Delaware’s children, and Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, Inc., established to provide quality pro bono legal services to low-income Delawareans with meritorious civil legal problems.
- Chester County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- The Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court
- Office of the Child Advocate
- Southern Chester County Chamber of Commerce
- Wings for Success Board of Directors
- I Have Custody of My Grandchild. Am I Entitled to Child Support?
- 26 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named 2019 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today
- No PreNup? No Worries!
- How Custody Is Determined in Pennsylvania
- How Will Child Support Be Determined?
- 23 Attorneys Named Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers 2018
- Same-Sex Marriage and Custody Rights: In Loco Parentis Standing In Pennsylvania
- Business Valuation in a Pennsylvania Divorce: Consideration of Sale Costs And Tax Effect
On Top of Everything
Ashley Stitzer goes to court well organized with all of the documents and facts at her fingertips making her points to the court meaningful and on target. Her support staff also helped to create a well prepared case. She anticipates the questions to be asked and prepares her client appropriately. Being as this was our first time being exposed to family court, we were very nervous, but Ashley put us at ease. I highly recommend Ashley for Family court cases, I will use her services again if the situation arises.
Anonymous Read more
Ashley is very easy to work with and really took pains to defend my interest. She was able to elaborate and implement a strategy that worked very well. I strongly recommend Ashley as a lawyer.
Christian Read more
Family Law – Divorce
Ashley Stitzer was so tremendously helpful and supportive through my divorce process. She helped drive the overall process, was excellent from both a legal and procedural standpoint and was always readily available. Even as stress mounted and there was the potential to end up in a drug out battle, Ashley was always a calming voice, providing sound strategies and ultimately helping me get to a very great place. My settlement was amazingly fair and Ashely delivered performance above my expectations.
Lee Read more
- Temple University Beasley School of Law
- St. Mary’s College of California, Business & Economics