Brian heads the firm’s Land Use and Zoning group. He represents developers, entrepreneurs, institutions, and individuals in land use and zoning matters, as well as tax assessment appeals and related litigation.
Previously, he worked in the solicitor role for a number of municipalities. As a result, he has extensive knowledge and experience in managing matters at the municipal and state government levels.
Since 2013, Brian has been consistently selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list published by Super Lawyers Magazine. Only five percent of lawyers in Pennsylvania are recognized on this annual list, which is based upon a multi-phase rating process of peer nominations and evaluations, combined with third-party research. In addition, Main Line Today magazine recognized Brian as a Top Lawyer and he was selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Land Use and Zoning Law.
- Successfully represented a commercial developer in all phases of the development of a multi-unit office building including: 1) property acquisition/agreement of sale negotiation, due diligence, financing and settlement; 2) obtained conditional use and land development approvals for the office building; 3) worked through environmental issues with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and the local conservation district; 4) represented the same client in the creation of an office condominium for the project.
- Successfully represented a client in obtaining numerous variances followed by conditional use and land development approvals for the construction of a bank.
- Successfully represented non-profit corporations in seeking and obtaining real estate tax exemptions.
- Successfully represented commercial and residential clients in real estate tax assessment appeals.
- Successfully represented clients in a real estate seller’s disclosure law case.
- Successfully represented clients in seeking and achieving the striking of mechanic’s liens.
- Successfully represented clients in addressing complex zoning and other municipal issues.
- Successfully represented many individuals in buying and selling commercial or residential real estate.
- Chester County Bar Association, Member, Board of Directors; Public Outreach Committee Chair
- Chester County Bar Foundation, Vice President; Chair of the Golf Fundraising Committee
- Chester County 20/20, Board Member
- Transportation Management Association of Chester County
- Handi-Crafters Inc., Board Member, President
- Uptown! Entertainment Alliance, Former Board Member
- St. Agnes Catholic Church, Member of Parish Council For Pastoral Planning
- CYO Basketball Coach
- West Side Little League Baseball Coach
- Community Guardian MacElree Harvey Sets Up Armory’s Second Act
- Recent lecturer and panelists at Widener University School of Law and the Polley Associates Real Estate School
- Vision and Persistence: How Two Families Cleared the Way to Bring a New Boutique Hotel to Downtown West Chester
- 11 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- Governor Allows Construction to Resume May 1; New Law Tolls Time for Action on Land Use Applications: Updates from MacElree Harvey, Ltd.’s Land Use Department
- 6 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2020
- 26 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named 2019 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers List
- 23 Attorneys Named Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers 2018
- Super Lawyers Lists Brian Nagle and Tim Rayne Among Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania
- CCBA Member Profile: Attorney Brian L. Nagle
- Thirteen MacElree Harvey Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Edition of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys named 2016 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today Magazine
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to 2016 PA Super Lawyers List
- Real Estate Development Burgeoning
Real Estate & Land Use Law
Brian Nagle has been my attorney for many years and has also become a great friend. He has completed everything that was asked of him on time, in an excellent manner, and below initial budgets. I have used him on land development, corporate issues, and seek (and trust) his counsel on a variety of subjects. I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars with his firm in the last few years and have always felt every dime was used wisely.
Rick Read more
- Widener University School of Law
- The Catholic University of America
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania