Hello and Welcome to MacElree Harvey

Centreville, DE
Centreville, DE

5721 Kennett Pike
Wilmington, DE 19807

Hockessin, DE
Hockessin, DE

724 Yorklyn Rd #100
Hockessin, DE 19707

Kennett Square, PA
Kennett Square, PA

211 East State Street
Kennett Square, PA 19348

West Chester, PA
West Chester, PA

17 West Miner Street
West Chester, PA 19382

8:00am - 5:30pm
Opening hours Monday - Friday
Call Us Today
MacElree Harvey Offices
Home > What Documents Do I Need for My Divorce?

What Documents Do I Need for My Divorce?

By Patrick J. Boyer, Esquire

Divorce-Financial-Documentation_ID 9635258 © AGfoto | Dreamstime.comClients often ask, what documents do I need for my divorce? Divorce not only involves the dissolution of marital status but can affect nearly every aspect of your finances. As such, having the proper documentation is essential. To initiate a divorce action in Delaware, you will need either an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate. Once the divorce is granted, you will likely be required to fill out the “Ancillary Financial Disclosure Form” Delaware Court Form 465. As you can see, the Ancillary Financial Disclosure Form covers almost every aspect of one’s finances and provides the basis for most documentation needed. You should be prepared to provide documentation to support each entry on the Ancillary Financial Disclosure Form.

Below is a list of the most common documents utilized in Divorce matters:

• Individual and Business tax returns
• Paystubs
• Bank/Investment statements
• Credit card statements
• Mortgage statements
• Retirement account statements
• Social Security Report
• Real estate settlement sheets
• Titles for vehicles, boats, campers etc.…
• Loan statements
• Copies of insurance policies

An experienced attorney will guide you through the process to make sure that you have all of the documents needed as the process moves forward but it helps to have the most basic documentation readily available at your first meeting with your attorney if possible.

Divorce Attorney Patrick J. BoyerPatrick J. Boyer concentrates his practice on family law. He advocates in various areas including, but not limited to, divorce, property division, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support, and domestic violence.

In addition, Patrick assists his clients with issues involving guardianship and third-party visitation. He is licensed in Delaware and Pennsylvania and works out of the firm’s Centreville, Delaware office.

If you have a family law matter or are considering divorce, contact Patrick J. Boyer at (302) 654-7294 or [email protected].