Beverly J. Wik
Of Counsel – Estate Planning and Estate and Trust Administration
Mrs. Wik’s practice is concentrated in estate planning and estate and trust administration for large estates and families.
Mrs. Wik’s practice is concentrated in estate planning and estate and trust administration for large estates and families with handicapped and special needs beneficiaries, custom estate plans for couples in second marriage, families who wish to create asset protection trusts for their property that will pass to their children, and families with family property that they wish to pass to their children, and general business and tax planning for small business owners, including formation of business enterprises and drafting of ownership restrictive agreements. Mrs. Wik has practiced in this area of law for over 40 years.
- A List
- Delaware State Bar Association, Sections of Estates and Trusts (Chair 1989 – 1990), Taxation, Elder Law, and Women and the Law (Chair, 1983 – 1984)
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation and Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), elected 1995
- Estate Planning Council of Delaware, Inc. (Board of Directors, 1987 – 2005; President, 2003 – 2004)
- Formerly Director, The Bayard Firm (now known as Bayard, P.A.), a Wilmington, Delaware law firm (Director from 1991 to 2005)
- Formerly Wilmington Trust Company, Senior Trust Officer and Trust Counsel
- Formerly Adjunct Professor at Widener University School of Law teaching courses in Federal Estate Tax and Estate Planning
- Delaware, 1981
- United States Supreme Court, 2008
- United States Tax Court, 1989
- United States District Court, District of Delaware, 1991
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1994
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1981
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., Taxation, 1993
- University of Delaware, B.A., magna cum laude, 1974
- Delaware State Bar Association, Women’s Leadership Award, 2012
- The Women’s Leadership Award is awarded to a member of the Delaware Bar whose character, strength, personality, achievement, and activities in matters affecting women lawyers have served as an inspiration to and a model for women lawyers in their professional career
- Delaware State Bar Association, Daniel L. Herrmann Professional Conduct Award, 2018
- The Daniel L. Herrmann Professional Conduct Award is awarded to a member of the Delaware Bar who, over the course of time, has demonstrated those qualities of courtesy and civility which, together with high ability and distinguished service, exemplifies the Delaware lawyer
- Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Beverly J. Wik has been listed as a lawyer with an AV® rating since 1994, reflecting confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary in categories of legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Super Lawyers®
- Since 2010, Beverly J. Wik has been ranked as a Super Lawyer in the area of estate planning and probate in Wilmington and New Castle, Delaware.
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers®“Best Law Firms”
- Since 2011 Old Capital Law Firm has been regionally ranked as a best law firm. During that time Beverly J. Wik has been the sole Director of Old Capital Law Firm.
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers®
- Beverly J. Wik has been listed with the Best Lawyers publication since 2006.
- Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha of Delaware (University of Delaware), 1974