Andrew R. Silverman
Partner – Business and Corporate Law
“Andrew Silverman provided straightforward, professional legal advice, allowing me to resolve, efficiently and confidently, an otherwise unsettling contractual matter.” – Client Review from AVVO
Andrew Silverman is an attorney in the firm’s Business Department. Andrew’s practice focuses on providing advice to both principals and stakeholders of Delaware and Pennsylvania business entities concerning mergers and acquisitions, business divorce and inter-company conflicts, complex corporate governance and financing matters, intellectual property, and commercial agreements.
Andrew is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh and Widener University School of Law. In addition to practicing law, Andrew is on the board of the World Trade Center Delaware, whose mission is to assist Delaware entities and those who seek to do business in Delaware with international commerce. Prior to his work with MacElree Harvey, Andrew was an attorney at a national litigation boutique where he specialized in business, commercial, and tort litigation in Delaware.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented client in food hygiene industry with respect to multi-million dollar strategic co-investment into industry partner; successfully negotiated board seats and joint venture agreement.
- Counseled biotech seller in the sale of membership interest, including successful negotiation of earn-out and transfer pricing.
- Represented technology firm and stockholders’ representative in the sale of stock to publicly-traded company in exchange for cash consideration and restricted stock in purchaser entity; in addition, negotiated favorable executive compensation and earn-out protections on behalf of stockholders.
- Counseled limited partnership with respect to conversion to limited liability company; successfully resolved complex governance matters with limited partners.
Start-Ups and Growth
- Counseled real estate joint venture with respect to the formation, organization, and successful series A offering.
- Representation of international watch retailer concerning the successful disposition of e-commerce and manufacturing agreements.
- Represented technology company staged for public offering regarding complex governance structure and restricted stock plan.
- Successful prosecution and resolution of declaratory action under 8 Del. C. § 225 in the Delaware Court of Chancery to avoid a takeover by minority stockholders.
- Prosecuted stockholder oppression action against controlling stockholder of a Pennsylvania corporation to a negotiated settlement that resulted in client’s ownership of the company’s intellectual property in addition to cash consideration.
- Successful representation of a client in Delaware Court of Chancery regarding business divorce and breach of limited liability company agreement.
- Counseled member of 50/50 Delaware limited liability company concerning business divorce and buy-out matter, resulting in favorable buy-out terms and avoidance of litigation.
- Successful representation of minority stockholder in Pennsylvania corporation with respect to the redemption of minority stockholder’s interest on favorable terms.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
- World Trade Center Delaware, Board of Directors
- Main Line Chamber of Commerce
- Western Chester County Chamber of Commerce
- John E. Stively, Jr. American Inn of Court
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A. in Political Science.
- Widener University School of Law
- Villanova Law School, LLM, expected 2024
IN THE NEWS